John Brown asked me to post up pics and I never did. Mainly because I can't find my camera. so here is the much ballyhooed thread. I have a couple of plans for it, can't keep it to stock after all.

It took me about 9 months to find what I wanted. If I had wanted white, beige, or red, I could have closed the deal a lot sooner. Ended up finding it in Ft. Lauderdale on Craigs List, made a deal on a Monday, was there by Wednesday. Jet blue sold me a ticker for 89 bucks, what a deal.

Basic specs: 2004 GMC Sierra, SLE (no leather), crew cab, 2wd, dually, 8.1 with an Allison.

I didn't want a diesel or 4wd, those made it harder to find one. The 8.1 has the power of a Duramax (looking to resolve that equality later this year), but the mileage of a 6.0. I can already hear Jerry crying "oh the fuel mileage".

Who cares. Between the cost increase in purchase price and maintenance, it would be 150K miles before I would brake even. As papa Brune famously said, "if I wanted good mileage, I'll a Honda". Heck, if I could make it run on baby seals I would.

This is mainly for work, but I also had another motivation. I bought it to lower it, hence the 2wd. That, and I have no real need for 4wd as this won't leave the pavement.

couple of quick pics:

crappy cell phone pic on Dayton Beach:

Jerry will love this part:

the first modification, ordered this before I left to pick it up:

the inspiration for where it is headed: