Page 21 of 132 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Sloth

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post

I want to make this a truck that i can wheel all day and drive home.
    I do that pretty well with my TJ, you should get one of those...

Oh, wat

Sell Bronco, use money for TJ parts.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
    I do that pretty well with my TJ, you should get one of those...

Oh, wat

Sell Bronco, use money for TJ parts.
    Yah but then you have to deal with that whole "people automaticaly assume you're gay" thing.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

1. Fix all the broken crap
    -front driver u-joint
    -front axle seals (i'll need help with this, i have no idea what to do here)
    -new brake drums
    -re bed-line interior
    -heater
    -new hubs, warn premiums
    2. bodywork including:
    -installing quarters
    -cheap paint, all white
    3. Full cage
    4. 3g alt and optima 6 pack battey
    5. winch
    6. rear bumper with spare tire and hi-lift carrier
    7. Detroit or arb rear locker
    8. limited slip front
    9. rock sliders
    Stick with this plan. You got all gay about hardcore wheeling after seeing $40k rigs at TTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Yah but then you have to deal with that whole "people automaticaly assume you're gay" thing.
    Yeah, I bet Pigpen gets all the ladies at Shiloh .

Blankenship speaks the truth, I would go that route.
    Last edited by breckboarder55; 07-07-2010 at 03:23 PM.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    Stick with this plan. You got all gay about hardcore wheeling after seeing $40k rigs at TTC.
    Hahahaha $40K....

yeah motor/chassis/axles pick any 2 and maaaaaybe you could stay under $40k on those rigs
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
    Yeah, I bet Pigpen gets all the ladies at Shiloh .

Blankenship speaks the truth, I would go that route.
    If only you knew....
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I guess I am a little ambitious. Nothing is really wrong/broken with it at the moment. Yes, you have to eat your spinach to use the brakes and it looks like arse but overall it has performed well for what it is. I did very well at k2 (meaning I didn't break anything) because I didn't do half of the trails. I would have done more trails if I had the axles to survive the 6.6 liters of fury, 35"s and lo range on sticky rock. According to fsb, 35"s are the max tires you can safely run on stock axles.

I want to step up to the big trails but i don't want to cut corners to get there. I also don't want to waste money on half ton bullshiat if i am eventually going to one tons. See my dillema?

So the solution is to save money and buy the axles, then build them to my standards before I put them in?

After your bollocking I have revised the list

Before Clayton:
    -Roll Cage (I realize this might not be at the top of some people's list (sharpe) but i have seen how flimsy my roof is and it is a good investment)
    -Tbi
    -Weld 9"
    -buy plenty of spare shafts (I have one complete set at the moment)
    -fix heater
    -correctly wire e-fans
    -Factory trac-lock front?
    Last edited by TdmayfieldIV; 07-07-2010 at 03:48 PM.

Weld rear, leave front open. Everything else on that list sounds good.

I would have done more trails if I had the axles to survive the 6.6 liters of fury, 35"s and lo range on sticky rock. According to fsb, 35"s are the max tires you can safely run on stock axles.
    slipping auto tranny, open diff, you'll be fine. And how do you know you're gonna break something until it happens once or twice? Especially if you have spares on hand? I wheeled 35s on a stock (open) toyody axle for a while without issue. The locker is what breaks axles
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

I guess I am a little ambitious. Nothing is really wrong/broken with it at the moment. Yes, you have to eat your spinach to use the brakes and it looks like arse but overall it has performed well for what it is. I did very well at k2 (meaning I didn't break anything) because I didn't do half of the trails. I would have done more trails if I had the axles to survive the 6.6 liters of fury, 35"s and lo range on sticky rock. According to fsb, 35"s are the max tires you can safely run on stock axles.

I want to step up to the big trails but i don't want to cut corners to get there. I also don't want to waste money on half ton bullshiat if i am eventually going to one tons. See my dillema?

So the solution is to save money and buy the axles, then build them to my standards before I put them in?

After your bollocking I have revised the list

Before Clayton:
    -Roll Cage (I realize this might not be at the top of some people's list (sharpe) but i have seen how flimsy my roof is and it is a good investment)
    -Tbi
    -Weld 9"
    -buy plenty of spare shafts (I have one complete set at the moment)
    -fix heater
    -correctly wire e-fans
    -Factory trac-lock front?
    Toughie... I feel your pain

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    slipping auto tranny, open diff, you'll be fine. And how do you know you're gonna break something until it happens once or twice? Especially if you have spares on hand? I wheeled 35s on a stock (open) toyody axle for a while without issue. The locker is what breaks axles
    trans only slips from 2nd to 3rd. When its in a gear its solid

you should still sack up and don't be afraid to break something and get your hands dirty fixing it

Try a harder trail. Worst case you and your rig are a PITA for half a day. Everybody's been there.

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    you should still sack up and don't be afraid to break something and get your hands dirty fixing it

Try a harder trail. Worst case you and your rig are a PITA for half a day. Everybody's been there.
    been there already

Took everyones winches and john brown's trailer to get me home. Then brian and andrew colman to help me fix it........and about $100 at ducky's carwash to clean my truck and johns trailer

stay out of the mud