Page 29 of 132 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Thread: Sloth

Get brake lines made at Bryan Hose off 21.

What the **** are you talking about here "I plan on drilling a hole in the tr and sleeving the hole with some toob and then putting a bolt through it." Are you talking about a redneck inverted y steering setup. Just run the "1 ton" (really 1/2 and 3/4 ton chevy stuff) tie rod ends that are all ready setup for an inverted y steering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

like the stock bronco setup

This is why i'm asking questions. with high steer can I use the steering that comes on the axle and just move it up?
    Last edited by TdmayfieldIV; 01-02-2011 at 03:26 AM.

You can run a t steering setup and have the drag link and tie rod go to the steering arm on the pass. side but you have to get the arm with two holes for this. Or you could run the inverted y steering and just have the drag link go to the tie rod. Like this. . . http://tamor.org/forums/showpost.php...&postcount=564
    Just get a kit for this. . . where i got mine. . . http://completeoffroad.com/i-124127-...44-and-60.html

Edit: if the taper of the stock steering tie rod ends matches the taper on the new high steer arm and pitman arm the yes, just move up the stock stuff. You might have to shorten the tie rod a bit because the new high steer arm are more than likely angled in more severely than the stock lower arms.
    Last edited by 85cj7; 01-02-2011 at 04:30 AM.
    i dont speak australian.

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    sleeving the hole with some toob and then putting a bolt through it.
    bad I idea with whatever you want to do hear.

if you need to mount something to the Tie rod use one of these
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

That looks like it would slide when i'm in a bind

That looks like it would slide when i'm in a bind
    they are strong if torqued correctly, people use tube clamps for hydro assist mounting points all the time.
    i dont speak australian.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Once it is adjusted correctly, you can always tack/weld it in place.

Do what you can to find the correct highsteer/crossover arms and not have to worry about your tierod like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Also by having true crossover with the drag link going to the highsteer arm you are increasing the leverage by extending the fulcrum point, thus making your steering effort less.
    i dont speak australian.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    * I would skip the F-350 springs, they will be stiff. I would use 1/2 ton springs. They are the same width as the 1 tons, so they will work.

* Ball joint 60, F' that in the A, save up 200 or 300 more and get the kingpin, it makes life a lot better

* Brake lines, in the rear, the stock line should work. It is what Frick used on Big Nasty, it is what I use on my sterling. The front, You should be able to order some extended brake lines from super lift, rough country, etc... that will work.

* Steering, there is a debate over this, but F' tie rod ends in my opinion. Use heims, they do not wobble back and forth like TRE's plus you do not have to use a tapered hole.

* Oh most importantly, sell the Bronco, buy something that is not a tird, like a mid 90's crew cab
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

True Hollywood Stry
    Ok, I'm starting research on my won ton swap.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Rear, really easy:
    -Sterling 10.25 or Dana 70u
    -Stock f-350 leafs (I could use my superlift leafs but they are really stiff)
    -Shackle flip
    -Use existing shocks
    -brake lines-i don't know what to do here
    -welded diff
    -turn drums, new shoes

Front:
    -Balljoint 60 (there is a rumor that gordon's has one on the rack)
    -Stock f350 leafs with shackle flip, my frame is 32.5" from outside to outside, from what I can tell on the interweb it says that the 01 superduty frame is 36", so i'll have to outboard the leafs about 2" on each side.
    -Machine top of knuckles for high steer
    -dom tube with screw in tr ends for tie rod
    -Drag link-dom tube with tr ends. I plan on drilling a hole in the tr and sleeving the hole with some toob and then putting a bolt through it.
    -new bearings and seals
    -hd diff cover
    -turn rotors, new pads
    -Good u-joints in shafts
    -new ball joints
    -Brake lines, again, i don't know what to do here

Hopefully 39.5 iroks
    Driveshafts?

I'm going for simplicity here, seems to work well for JB.

Any insight Jb? Frick?
    Rear
    Stock ford 1/2 ton leafs, with a shackle flip will flex the best and wrap the most. Maybe do a shackle flip and mix a couple of your 4" in leaves in with a stock pack to get more flex with less wrap.
    Brakeline, - I used the factory line along with another line I had laying around and hooked them together. The stock line might be long enough im not sure.
    Make sure and find a sterling with 4.10's because the install kit for a sterling is really expensive, to re gear a sterling I think you are going to be spending about $400 or more in parts alone.

Front
    I would not get a superduty 60 unless you can get a pair of axles for under $500. I would generally stay away from them because of the added cost to rebuild one( ie the unit bearings which are about $165 a side). Karl is right save an extra 2-300 and get a kingpin 60 and save yourself alot of headache.

For springs I cant say much because I ran coils. I think John Brown runs f-350 springs, or you can go do the chevy 52's up front, but prepare to buy an add a leaf for them or an bar because they flex awesome/wrap bad. Also you will have to run a square front d shaft(homo), or get a long travel splined section to weld into your current shaft.
    As far as brake lines just measure what you need and go to bryan hoes and gasket.
    For the steering if you wanna make some bastard ghetto abortion of a ford stock steering on a crossover setup you can get a factory chevy one ton tie rod end that already has a tapped hole built into the tierod for this type of steering.
    I would run heims though like karl said.

In summary bend over and get ready to spend a bunch of money because to go one ton it is gonna cost a ton of money.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

ill be your pickup man
    -Sterling 10.25 or Dana 70u
    -Stock f-350 leafs (I could use my superlift leafs but they are really stiff)

**I would use stock leafs. I run stock 86 Bronco leafs with a add-a-leaf, and the shackle flipped. It flexes enough and I do not have axle wrap. Biggest issue is the low hanging shackle. F450 shackles are beefier, but still will bend

-Shackle flip

**Yes, the brackets I used are the same brackets that hold in the front of the rear leaf spring.
    -Use existing shocks

I would imagine you will need longer shocks. Ranchos are in stock at Oreillys and are cheap when you trash one.

-brake lines-i don't know what to do here

disc brakes. You will hate 10.25 drums. If you are going to bitch about money, then keep the shoes and do not even waste time gettting drums turned or putting new shoes on it

-welded diff

sure

-turn drums, new shoes

wouldn't waste the time

Front:
    -Balljoint 60 (there is a rumor that gordon's has one on the rack)

The biggest bitch about the BJ knuckle is the difficulty in getting high steer or even crossover. If you are ok with the TR being at stock height, then go for it. I have not had any strength related issues with my BJ axle.

-Stock f350 leafs with shackle flip, my frame is 32.5" from outside to outside, from what I can tell on the interweb it says that the 01 superduty frame is 36", so i'll have to outboard the leafs about 2" on each side.

I am unsure on how 78-79 frames compare to the later models like mine, but there are a ****load of pics of my swap on my superford site. I run stock 93 F350 front leafs with the short overload removed. The only fab was building the front crossmember and hangers. The rear leaf hangers are stock hangers from 80-97 F250/350. They bolt on and put the spring where it needs to be. With the shackel in the back, it puts the leaf pretty low, but I just have delt with bending the shackles and just replace them ever couple years

-Machine top of knuckles for high steer

no

-dom tube with screw in tr ends for tie rod

sure

-Drag link-dom tube with tr ends. I plan on drilling a hole in the tr and sleeving the hole with some toob and then putting a bolt through it.

What?

-new bearings and seals

-hd diff cover

-turn rotors, new pads

-Good u-joints in shafts

-new ball joints

search XRF balljoints and get those

-Brake lines, again, i don't know what to do hereI think origianlly I did not have a problem with the stock lines bolting on.

Hopefully 39.5 iroks

Driveshafts?

make some stock ones work if you can. Or consult Dexter House for square tub driveshaft tech

I'm going for simplicity here, seems to work well for JB.

Any insight Jb? Frick?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    Also, are you talking about a superduty 60? Why are you getting measurements from an 01? I am not sure how 99+ D60s compare dimension-wise to the 92-97 D60s.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Also, are you talking about a superduty 60? Why are you getting measurements from an 01? I am not sure how 99+ D60s compare dimension-wise to the 92-97 D60s.
    Most 99 f250's are actually Dana 50's... I had one.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    they are strong if torqued correctly, people use tube clamps for hydro assist mounting points all the time.
    yes, I use one for full hydro and I have yet to have it slip on me, it is a very well machined piece
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    skip going witht the leafs, you have everything there to do a coil swap, it takes a LOT of work to do a leaf swap on that year truck to keep it low and stable(just ask cook).

As for the steering, use hiems where ever you can, TRE's suck balls and wear out too fast.

The 60 gordons has has been there forever, they know what they have and want close to a g for it. Just look for a good deal.

Lastly, get that piece of **** out of my yard!!!!
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901