Page 62 of 132 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sloth

I don't follow you on the top bend rotation thing, as for the extra bracing I'm just going by what I see here http://www.tamor.org/forums/showthre...l=1#post278348
    Last edited by robertf03; 07-27-2011 at 05:06 PM.

You can see the small bracing tab that welded to the tabs the hiem bolts to... I'm sure that is clear as mud too. in order for the bottom to bend up the large piece of 1/4 inch plate would be the weak part.

Originally cage defected from James diff and started knocking off there arms and offered a backer plate that went inside the frame and was basically a small piece of angle. They said it was to prevent the bolt holes from wallering out and being that are bracket is twice the size with more bolts I didn't think we would have much problem
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

My phone completely screwed that last reply up, my bad.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

I saw that tab, I still believe the brace is necessary.

Maybe these pictures can better explain my thinking:

By adding the brace the only weak spot will be the frame in-between the upper bolt holes and the top bend in the frame.

Born to Kill

that top rail doesn't have much weight on it, it would move with the rest. just about every mounting point on a chassis is on the side.

FYI, It's easier to say "I don't feel like doing it" than to draw stuff in paint

hey that paint **** took longer than the inventor drawing!

If that's the case than just leave out the bottom bolts and it's all good, right?
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    If that's the case than just leave out the bottom bolts and it's all good, right?
    ??

just leave it mounted to the side of the chassis... failed attempt at humor
    Born to Kill

After some more digging I found Cage's improved RA mounts which did not require a backing plate, These appear to have came out in mid 2007 which is right around the time they went bankrupt, hopefully that wasn't caused by faulty RA mounts. I haven't found much feed back but I think Tommy will be fine with what he has and we can keep moving on for now.

Now to prevent confusion, I think a backing plate is a much better idea than boxing the frame or a new cross member but we really just need to get this thing out and rolling again. Then if we feel it is necessary we'll add one.
    Born to Kill

lots of google image searching to justify "I don't feel like building it" The paint would have been dry by now.

Or spend shop time doing more important stuff... if I could be working in my shop i would, it doesn't take a smart guy to figure that out
    Born to Kill

Cage Copied us........
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

anyways,

got the factory track bar mount (janky ass ball joint thingy) out. I had to grind the bottom of the ball joint off to get the press on there. Pain in the ass but it's done now.

Dom bushing will go where the big new hole is. We're going to make a hockey puck out of some 3/8" plate, then put another piece of plate on top of that, then put some tabs on it for the bushing. The top side is a 3/4" heim that will go into the factory track bar mount or vica verca, whichever works better.

It just hit me that we have all of the parts to set this bitch on the ground. It's pretty exciting.

To get it drivable all I need is
    -brake line fittings (thanks alot ford for using some wierd ass size)
    -Shocks (going to warranty out some ranchos at work for some the right size)
    -Retube the driveshaft and buy a conversion joint.
    -Mount the tires
    Last edited by TdmayfieldIV; 08-01-2011 at 12:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    before you go too far with the trac bar and steering, have you made sure your angles are going to be right to prevent bump steer and other goofy ****?
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901