Page 74 of 132 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1980

Thread: Sloth

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    If Tommy buys that cable Flem posted i'd be willing to help figure it out.
    Like you were willing to work on your truck?
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Ditching 30 year old technology for 50 year old technology. Winning.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

you are exhibiting the exact reasoning that a mouth breather does when he pulls FI off a injected motor and puts a carb on it because he can't figure out that dang ol electrical stuff. propane is for people that can't/don't want to figure out how to make FI run good, so they build a motor to run propane. ryan is right. your **** probably isn't going to run propane well because of c/r.
    Last edited by sasquatch; 11-15-2011 at 09:40 PM.

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    you are exhibiting the exact reasoning that a mouth breather does when he pulls FI off a injected motor and puts a carb on it because he can't figure out that dang ol electrical stuff. propane is for people that can't/don't want to figure out how to make FI run good, so they build a motor to run propane. ryan is right. your **** probably isn't going to run propane well because of c/r.

Now I'm starting to get interested. Why would his compression ratio be off to run propane? Generally propane is rate around 105 octane (quick google search confirmed) and his bronco has a 10.5:1 c/r. Seems like that could fit in real well with a dual fuel set up as you could tune for say premium gas and when switching to propane you won't have to worry about premature combustion. Granted there may be some power loss but I would figure the majority of the time will be ran with gas anyways. Also wouldn't one solutions to gain back some loss power would be to just advance the timing?

One thing i would worry about is a higher combustion temperature, but is there a common problem with burning valves/ melting pistons?

Also, not that it applies, isn't there a tax credit for switching to alternative fuels?
    Last edited by BroncoJo; 11-15-2011 at 10:14 PM.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    Where did yor get the idea his motor is 10.5:1?! 12:1 is more like it for propane and it takes twice as much to make the power of gas. The point is he has no clue how to fix a simple fi problem how is he going to figure out something he has mo experience with? Do what you want Tommy.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Like you were willing to work on your truck?
    I did work on my truck. A lot. I also worked on your shenanigans too. Sorry I don't make tons of money at my cool future job to pay for all the cool stuff I want on my truck.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

well this turned into a bitch fest fast everybody is too damned thin skinned around here
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    You are all retarded, the best thing would be to get a crew cab body and put it on the Bronco.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Where did yor get the idea his motor is 10.5:1?! 12:1 is more like it for propane and it takes twice as much to make the power of gas. The point is he has no clue how to fix a simple fi problem how is he going to figure out something he has mo experience with? Do what you want Tommy.
    How do you figure it takes twice as much propane to make the power of gas? Seems most reasonable estimates of power-loss for a gasoline tuned engine running on propane is 10-15 percent. The energy density of propane is only about 6% less than that of gasoline.

The more I look into propane the more I'm liking it, especially if it can simplify that mess of a TBI system. I think it is only two extra wires for the heater?

Edit- Tommy said his c/r was 10.5:1 and my old 400 was too so it seemed reasonable to believe
    Last edited by BroncoJo; 11-15-2011 at 11:22 PM.
    Born to Kill

sexy
    Last edited by TdmayfieldIV; 11-16-2011 at 02:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    Those axles are out of my bronco
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Remember when you had a nice bronco? Then it was bad ass, then somehow it disappeared.

If I did tbi again to anything I would not use the ignition part of it. I believe this is what Howel does. Just too much guessing to get the ignition right, I think it'd be better to stay with stock unless you want to spend the time trying different chips until it works right. We're looking to upgrade the fuel system anyway, not the ignition system. Of course if you had ****ty ignition it'd be different but the duraspark that ford, jeep, and IH use is good, or on a chevy you probably have HEI. The fuel part of tbi will sort of self tune with the oxygen sensor, and if you need any more tuning just use an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

What I see as the biggest issue here is that propane is not fool proof either. In addition, it stinks, and the fuel takes a little more planning. That said, Ed and the Vincent/Spears scout both run pane and seem to be fine.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by eight View Post
    If I did tbi again to anything I would not use the ignition part of it. I believe this is what Howel does. Just too much guessing to get the ignition right, I think it'd be better to stay with stock unless you want to spend the time trying different chips until it works right. We're looking to upgrade the fuel system anyway, not the ignition system. Of course if you had ****ty ignition it'd be different but the duraspark that ford, jeep, and IH use is good, or on a chevy you probably have HEI. The fuel part of tbi will sort of self tune with the oxygen sensor, and if you need any more tuning just use an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
    That's interesting. I see the ignition part of it as one of the best upgrades of going with tbi. On IH motors, it was either points, or the craptastic "gold box" holley ignition. Both systems sucked, and used a traditional coil as well as vacuum/mechanical advance to control the timing. While they did work, they didn't control the timing near as accurately, or as consistently as the computer does now. Granted, this wasn't an instant process, but the time put into the 4 or 5 chips we burned for it was worth it. I haven't touched the distributor since 2002 other than to change the cap and rotor. When it was the factory ignition, it seemed like I was having to adjust timing or change points a couple times a year. The consistency of electronic timing with no mechanical or vacuum advance is worth the effort.

Kopecki, have you ever been around a Howell Kit? The ones I have experience with were always the kits for 258's. They never seemed to run that great. Sure, they idled good, but they just weren't that responsive, and it seemed like we were always screwing with the timing and fuel pressure on them in an attempt to get them to run better. Also, quite a few times we had to get howell to burn new chips with different fuel tables for the 258's and 360s, but that may be more of a problem with the way howell sets up their chips than anything else.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)