Thread: Moving up in the world...

Threaded View

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar

Moving up in the world...

So - Lynda and I bought a "new" house in the City of Jersey Village - which is surrounded by the city of Houston.

It was just like the first home we bought, the owners built it and were the only people that heave ever lived in it.

It's over 0.5 acre, has an oversized 3 car garage, fits my 30' gooseneck with the wheels still on the concrete behind a gate, and is in a great neighboorhood. Our first home is being turned into a rental property.

This really is the first chance that I have some extra time to upload pictures and make a post - I happen to be in a hotel room in COS tonight... been really busy

Here are the before pics:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/scott.n....eBeforeMoveIn#

Here are the "work in progress" pics:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/scott.n....buryFixUpPics#

So far we've removed all the old tile. Added 4 arches, changed the toilet and sink in the half bath, put Saltillo tile in the office and laundry rom, added chair molding, and lots of trim, added pool fence, all new blinds, all new paint, all new interior doors with all new handles. In the garage, I rewired the while place for a new sub-panel, all new lights (nine T8 daylights...), added insulation, decked the walls with OSB, painted, added cabinits, added shelves, added steel racks, built workbench, etc...

Our new floors start on Monday, we plan on sleeping in the new house next Saturday night. We would've already been in , but the floors were delayed a few weeks.

We WILL have a housewarming party - but first - second kiddo is due in a few weeks and we have to move in, that comes first...
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!