Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42

Thread: '93 F-150 build

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    I have never heard of anyone using hiems for steering. You will be an innovator in the world of motorsports!
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

I don't really want to use heims. I'd rather not innovate tie rod ends, I'm looking at the evo tre's. They look pretty beef at have plenty of movement. Only thing is $$$ for a reamer.

http://www.evojoints.com/Heims_TRE.html
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

$50-60 for a reamer is your worries? I say go for it, doesn't look to complicated
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    Back to steering, Travis got me some 1.5" .25 wall DOM for steering. I want to do something real similar to the YJ and Corey 2011 KOH buggy steering setup. It uses 2 idler arms with a relay rod between them and the tie rods mount the same place as the beam does so toe in and bump steer are pretty much gone. Here's some pictures of what he did, but I want to do a single shear setup, no hydro, and strait tie rods.

Also might be ordering cut and turned beams from threat motorsports next week if I can gather some cash. I emailed solo motorsports about their price, but I'm really liking how threat motorsports welds in a new billet piece for the lower balljoint instead of moving the stock one and plating it in.
    didnt he start a thread after KOH saying that the steering didnt work like he wanted and he was having a "design contest" to get it figured out?
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

The steering worked great, only problem was his full hydro setup was too slow. What happened was he pulled off the road to let somebody pass him, and he hit a stationary boulder that took out one entire side of his steering and eventually ended his race by bending and breaking a hydraulic fitting and PSC was closed so he couldn't get a replacement for it.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat