Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: '93 F-150 build

True Hollywood Stry
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
    Looks like you took a lot of time out of your day to draw some bars with some lights on them especially if there's no way you're going to do it in the first place
    Hey hotpocket how's that Cherokee project going??? What about the muffler delete on the h2?

bumper looks good man, it's gonna take alot of cutoff wheels welding to make that happen, now go get busy.
    Last edited by stx4wheeler; 02-16-2010 at 08:00 AM.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

I didn't draw the lights and the whole bumper took about 30 minutes, and give me some good reasons why I can't make it.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

lowballing someone
    hot pocket is just mad cause he drives a jetta, is out of pot and hates himself in general
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Are there any problems with how I'm mounting the bumper or supporting the receiver tube? What thickness would be good to make this bumper out of? I'm going to collect some cardboard and make it out of that before I make the real thing.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    just weld a piece of tube in the front and gusset it well, come by the house and we can figure something out
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    http://centexoffroad.com/forum/viewt...1fe46eeffed375

This is a link to a toyota bumper that a guy did like you are talking about. Has turned out decent so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    Are there any problems with how I'm mounting the bumper or supporting the receiver tube? What thickness would be good to make this bumper out of? I'm going to collect some cardboard and make it out of that before I make the real thing.
    3/16". 1/4" is going to be heavy as fook and hard to work with (although some people will tell you any less is p*ssy sh*t) The way it's designed with relatively small flat pieces and a large number of bends and braces will hold up just fine.

i would stay light as possible since your staying with the TTB. 3/16" should be the biggest you should consider to make everything out of.

nice bumper too, i need to download 'google sketch'. never heard of it.

are you using the pro or regular version?

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03 View Post
    are you using the pro or regular version?
    Regular version.

Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    hot pocket is just mad cause he drives a jetta, is out of pot and hates himself in general
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

the bumper design looks good, but iff all of the tube that you show in your drawings is part of the bumper it might have to be changed some, it looks like it will hit the engine crossmember, but other than that it looks good

Quote Originally Posted by bcolman View Post
    the bumper design looks good, but iff all of the tube that you show in your drawings is part of the bumper it might have to be changed some, it looks like it will hit the engine crossmember, but other than that it looks good
    The two large tubes coming perpendicular to the face of the front of the bumper are the frame, everything else is the bumper. I could use a shorter receiver tube and move the brace for it closer to the front of the bumper.

are each of those plates individual pieces? I just downloaded sketchup and am messing with it, but I don't see any sheetmetal tools. If you think you really are going to build this bumper you would be doing yourself a favor by downloading inventor or solidworks, or using them in the scc.

If you redo it with them, you can get an unfolded model and have it cnc cut. Grinding is for suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03 View Post
    are each of those plates individual pieces?
    yup

how much would having something like that CNC cut cost?