Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: '01 dodge truck parts

lowballing someone

'01 dodge truck parts

looking for a maroon pass fender, pass turn signal, long bed (maybe). drivers tail light and a tailgate

also if you have them a pyrometer, fuel pressure guage, trans temp guage, a piller cluster, fuel economy chip and seat covers.

or anything else for a 01 2500 diesel 4x4
    Last edited by colman; 02-14-2010 at 02:02 PM.
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

You want a whole truck? I think my little brother picked one up yesterday. 94 single cab long bed, maroon, diesel, automatic. I hear it runs and drives but redneckness has been applied to it.

I have a banks ottomind for an 02, I think 01 is the same, I know 98.5 is not. I think it's 120hp, you'll need to do something with intake, turbo, and exhaust to go with it. Has a pyrometer built in, automatically cuts fuel when it gets too hot. Also has a boost gauge. $100.

lowballing someone
    i just bought a whole truck, its ok as is but i will replace/ fix the few little body issues as time and cheap parts come up. it was to good of a deal to pass. just curious, what are his plans for it, part out, drive, motor swap into something else? so what all would i have to do to make the programmer work. aftermarket intake, straight pipe... then would i have to get a bigger turbo. this is my first step into diesels so i'm a newb. time to do some more research
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    i just bought a whole truck, its ok as is but i will replace/ fix the few little body issues as time and cheap parts come up. it was to good of a deal to pass. just curious, what are his plans for it, part out, drive, motor swap into something else? so what all would i have to do to make the programmer work. aftermarket intake, straight pipe... then would i have to get a bigger turbo. this is my first step into diesels so i'm a newb. time to do some more research
    jeep fag x diesel fag = ?

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    jeep fag x diesel fag = not as big a fag as T.E.
    Math is fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Plans are to sell or part it.

This is what I would do to make the ottomind work well. Replace factory airbox and filter with a large filter, I think dieselfags call it BHAF, about $40. Install boost elbow, this will get you up to 28-30 psi boost, about $20. If it has factory exhaust, leave resonator (thing you would think is a catalytic converter) on and run straight pipe from there. The resonator looks like a glass pack inside, and keeps the truck quieter. After the resonator the exhaust expands to a larger size before going into the muffler, just run that size the rest of the way out. If you are lazy like me, you just run it straight back and turn it down before the axle. This would set your dodge up like mine, except I only have 60hp adder. I never get to 1000 degrees and I think you get to go to 1250, so I would think this list is enough to run the 120hp, and of course the ottomind will cut back fuel before it gets too hot anyway.

lowballing someone
    this thing is completely stock, 200k on the ticker. i bought it from the original owner who let it sit most of the time since 06. i'm not looking to rice it out, not into loud retarded exhausts. I'm just trying to get it to be as efficient as possible. i may tow a 32ft goosneck once and a while but it will mostly be dd and occasional towing of the car hauler.

if he is parting it then send me 2 prices please, 1. pass fender, turnsignal, tailgate and drivers tail light. and 2. same plus bed

i'm not in a hurry and since i blew my wad on the truck its gonna be a few weeks till i have funds to buy everything. just waying my options and seeing what i can find

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    ...so what all would i have to do to make the programmer work....
    If the box is for an 02, it should work on the 01. However the map sensor connections are different from 01-02 so you will need adapters. Quadzilla sells them fairly cheap and they are the difference between the XZT+ for the 01 and 02.

Quote Originally Posted by eight View Post
    ...This is what I would do to make the ottomind work well. Replace factory airbox and filter with a large filter, I think dieselfags call it BHAF, about $40. Install boost elbow, this will get you up to 28-30 psi boost, about $20. If it has factory exhaust, leave resonator (thing you would think is a catalytic converter) on and run straight pipe from there. The resonator looks like a glass pack inside, and keeps the truck quieter. After the resonator the exhaust expands to a larger size before going into the muffler, just run that size the rest of the way out. If you are lazy like me, you just run it straight back and turn it down before the axle. This would set your dodge up like mine, except I only have 60hp adder. I never get to 1000 degrees and I think you get to go to 1250, so I would think this list is enough to run the 120hp, and of course the ottomind will cut back fuel before it gets too hot anyway.
    yes a BHAF is what dieselfags call it. i however have a amsoil filter. it was more expensive and requires a PVC adapter to work. you dont have to isntall a boost elbow, but the factory regulator will only allow you ~20-22 psi. Anything above that and you need a boost fooler so you dont have CEL. Kopecki does the Ottomind have an integral boost fooler? I cut out the resonator and muffler on mine and it doesnt drone in the cab nor can i hear the exhaust over the motor on the highway. if you do just cut out the muffler, it does still sound good.

Is the ottomind fuel only, timing only, or fuel+timing?
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

I think it's fuel+timing, how do you tell? Yes it does have a boost fooler, and without the elbow you'll probably run too hot. Banks sells the "big head" actuator with the kit, I don't know why they do that instead of the elbow but it is their way of increasing the boost pressure.

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eight View Post
    I think it's fuel+timing, how do you tell? Yes it does have a boost fooler, and without the elbow you'll probably run too hot. Banks sells the "big head" actuator with the kit, I don't know why they do that instead of the elbow but it is their way of increasing the boost pressure.
    If it is a 120hp box, then it definitely adds fuel, a timing only box will NOT add over 65hp. i would say the easiest way to tell if it is fuel only or fuel + timing is if it smokes heavily. A fuel only box will only increase the fuel according to the standard fuel curve. Consequently, you will not see very much smoke with a fuel only box. My truck barely smokes with the timing box off regardless of the fueling box setting. Timing boxes turn the fuel on sooner to add power. When my timing box is on lvl 3, it is basically telling the truck to go to max fuel flow from zero boost.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

lowballing someone
    do you have a part number so i can tell which one it is. is it one that has a switch in the cab with multiple settings or is it just a plug in and go kinda thing. sounds interesting

steven, how long have you had yours? since you still have it i guess you would recomend it. what don't you like about it. what kind of fuel mileage are you getting?

mines got an auto, 3.55's and 33's

i'm not in a hurry and since i blew my wad on the truck its gonna be a few weeks till i have funds to buy everything. just waying my options and seeing what i can find
    thats what she said...[cox]weigh[/cox]
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

ill be your pickup man
    I use to like you Andrew. Now, I dunno.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Registered
    so i think your "new dodge" would good with some more scratches..... all the guys around here are running the edge comp box and love them, able to turn them up or down at the touch of a finger. And i have heard some pretty good fuel millage with them 22 to 23. You probably should be more worried about the tranny, or me driving it through the woods some more.....

lowballing someone
    stop driving my truck asshole. it was scratchless till u drove it. now wheres my money punk