Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: '01 dodge truck parts

lowballing someone
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89 View Post
    I use to like you Andrew. Now, I dunno.
    i thought you said you would still be my friend if i didn't "robbie it out"

plus now i can tow your trailer that says diesels only
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Registered
    yes your money pit at my house, which is basically 500 acres of mud with some trees, so why drive your nice truck when you can jump in the old ranch truck that goes into gear sometimes and drive around? ill prob use it tomarrow to haul the 32ft with 17 round bales or maybe 5 bales with a "real" tractor on back..... ill let you know how your transmission does.....

lowballing someone
    ass, just make shure you vaccum out the interior when your done
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Registered
    lmao na it adds to the carracter its a dam ranch truck, get over yourself..... i have made it my personal job to make sure it is well broken in when you get it, and the best part is... I dont have to fix it anymore you do....

lowballing someone
    but when i'm done with it it will be a nice truck....

anyway back to the point of the thread, kopecki let me know what your brother says or if you want you can give me his number or vice versa

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    do you have a part number so i can tell which one it is. is it one that has a switch in the cab with multiple settings or is it just a plug in and go kinda thing. sounds interesting

steven, how long have you had yours? since you still have it i guess you would recomend it. what don't you like about it. what kind of fuel mileage are you getting?

mines got an auto, 3.55's and 33's
    i bought my 2002 in Jan 2007. it had 107k on it then and has 170k now (i think). i love the truck, but wish a couple things were different:

1) the dash in mine looks like sh!t because it is cracked BAD. This is a common, known problem with the 2nd gens. I would be shocked to find one that hasnt cracked. When i got mine it wasnt cracked, but it started shortly afterwards. once it starts, it will continue. the charcoal dash is the worst, closely followed by the light gray, with the tan dash being the "best". You can buy a new dash and replace it, but they only offer them in black now (what i heard) and they are expensive, not to mention a pain to replace. Geno's Garage, and LMC, sell a plastic molded cover that i am told looks good, but no one seems to have any pictures of one installed. this is the biggest thing i dislike about my truck.

2) i like the feel and sound of the engine without power adders. it seems much smoother and is generally quieter. The down side is the lack of "pep" without the timing box turned on. it makes a HUGE difference in that department. So much that i rarely run without them on. on that note, i rarely run them higher then level 1. whats the point? i have a 6 speed. I think this lack of "pep" is so noticeable because i have a 6 speed. When i drove Kopecki's back in college a couple times i didnt notice it and i dont think he was running any boxes at the time. Everyone who says they add a noticeable/measurable mileage increase are bullsh!tting you. i have thousands of miles of log data to prove it.

3) i wish it was quieter on the inside. I am not talking about the engine noise, but quieter in general. i plan to remedy this with some dynomat, or similar, when i get the time. It is not overly loud, but a bit quieter would be good.

as far as mileage, mine consistently gets 17.5 to 18.5. i have gotten higher and lower. the lowest i ever averaged was when i had to go pick up our crap from the deer lease. i averaged 7-9mpg on the trip home. SEE THREAD HERE.

My current setup:
    2002 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 6 speed, 4x4, 3.55 gears, 295x75R16 (33.4"x11.6"), Quadzilla XZT+ (timing), Quadzilla Xzillaraider (fueling), Raptor fuel pump, straight pipe, Amsoil 4510 air filter, DiPricol Gauges (fuel, pyro, & boost)

Quote Originally Posted by cj nut View Post
    And i have heard some pretty good fuel millage with them 22 to 23.
    see note above on fuel mileage...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Registered
    I went from 19 to 23.5 on highway unloaded, 14 in town to 17.5. I have a book with all the time i have ever done anything to the truck including putting fuel in it every time and you can see the increase. Now i know mine I a 3rd gen but I have maney friends with the 24valves that have put all sorts of tuners on them some got a increase in millage and some did not. In my expirience chip alone wont do much you have to do air and fuel mods, as for air you can get a kit like mine off ebay for pretty cheap and it replaces the filter housing and down pipe. For exaust just straight pipe it or go with a 4 inch craig got his for 250 with muffler from the turbo back. This also applies to how you drive......

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cj nut View Post
    I went from 19 to 23.5 on highway unloaded, 14 in town to 17.5. I have a book with all the time i have ever done anything to the truck including putting fuel in it every time and you can see the increase. Now i know mine I a 3rd gen but I have maney friends with the 24valves that have put all sorts of tuners on them some got a increase in millage and some did not. In my expirience chip alone wont do much you have to do air and fuel mods, as for air you can get a kit like mine off ebay for pretty cheap and it replaces the filter housing and down pipe. For exaust just straight pipe it or go with a 4 inch craig got his for 250 with muffler from the turbo back. This also applies to how you drive......
    what exactly do you drive?
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

lowballing someone
    are gas and diesel boost guages the same. i have one that goes up to 30 lbs that was on a gas motor. i assume it will work on the diesel but would like a confirmation of this

Registered
    07 dodge 2500 4x4 5.9 cummins 4x4 bullydog chip, quadzilla pressure box, offbrand intake, stright pipe restictor back, 70k had it since new

DO NOT STRAIT PIPE!

colman, leave it alone until you get everything fixed. then you can start adding crap to the engine.

*cory also has an auto.

Registered
    O ya its a auto. On the 24valves you cant really tell the differance in the cab from resignator back and straight pipe, but if you are worried about that get the 4inch kit and you shouldnt have to worry about egts with a mild chip

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    are gas and diesel boost guages the same. i have one that goes up to 30 lbs that was on a gas motor. i assume it will work on the diesel but would like a confirmation of this
    Yes, boost is boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    i thought you said you would still be my friend if i didn't "robbie it out"
    Easy now, you won't find any fold out mirrors, smoked cab lights, stacks, big rims, or other diesel rice on mine so...
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    Yes, boost is boost.
    is 30 psi enough though?
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller