Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: '01 dodge truck parts

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    You start going over 30 on a diesel turbo and you are looking for trouble. Some can handle a good bit more, but not most and especially not the stockers.

EDIT: You were asking if only going to 30 on the guage was enough. I don't know what those old dodges put out, but I would think it would be real close to that.
    Last edited by DRAGOONRANCH; 02-15-2010 at 11:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    is 30 psi enough though?
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    You start going over 30 on a diesel turbo and you are looking for trouble. Some can handle a good bit more, but not most and especially not the stockers.

EDIT: You were asking if only going to 30 on the guage was enough. I don't know what those old dodges put out, but I would think it would be real close to that.
    factory setting on the wastegate is 20-22psi on the 2nd gens. my DiPricol gage is a 30 or 35 psi.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eight View Post
    ... Install boost elbow, this will get you up to 28-30 psi boost, about $20....
    just remembered that his truck has a HY35 turbo. Boost elbow wont work, needs a turnbuckle. i dont really see the point in modifying the wastegate. turbos have an efficiency range they are meant to work in.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

lowballing someone
    ok well it seems the plan for at least the first few months is to get that bhaf, clean up the exhaust and fix the body, i will have to wait on the programmer. def gonna replace the bed and tailgate tho.
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

i didn't read most of this but i definitely think you need to start buying and installing a bunch of performance parts for your 200k mile truck.

lowballing someone
    if you had read u would have found that i'm looking for the best ecomomy, only doing things for that. not interested in hopping it up or going crazy with it. hence looking for an economy programmer and a few body pannels
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

my brother also told me that it needed some front end suspension parts, any one want to take bets on how long it will sit in the driveway on jack stands, the current truck he is working on is going on close to two months

lowballing someone
    no, barely a month and the weather has been ****ty. plus i'm mad at it right now and the jack stands are barely noticable

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    A list of all the "factory" parts I have replaced, all are common problems with 2nd gens.
    -Heater core
    -Vacuum pump/front disconnect
    -Dash
    -Rear main seal, nv5600 shift seal
    -Radiator (cracked tank)
    -Front calipers, rotors, pads, etc...
    -Fuel sending unit
    -Trac bar, tie rod ends, ball joints, etc...
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

lowballing someone
    ive been reading about the front end and kinda plan on having to replace most of it. it seems alot of people put 3rd gen trackbar and adjustable ball joints. ..... thoughts

it only has a small crack on the passenger side so i will see how long it holds up. i don't like the idea of the dash covers but the new dashes aren't cheap and i bet there a pain in the ass to install
    Last edited by colman; 02-15-2010 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CheapJeep View Post
    A list of all the "factory" parts I have replaced, all are common problems with 2nd gens.
    -Heater core
    -Vacuum pump/front disconnect
    -Dash
    -Rear main seal, nv5600 shift seal
    -Radiator (cracked tank)
    -Front calipers, rotors, pads, etc...
    -Fuel sending unit
    -Trac bar, tie rod ends, ball joints, etc...
    and a clutch

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    The old clutch as well as the new one are performance upgrades so I left that out...

For the front end stuff I went to Oreilly's and picked up Moog ball joints, tre's, drag link, tie rod, trac bar, etc.

My truck had a dash cover on it when I bought it. To change out the heater core you have to pull the dash (which was in pieces under the cover), so I ended up getting a new one. If it doesn't have holes through it I wouldn't worry about it...
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

how about a list of 'robbie' parts?

do they make a bag of chips for this?

I find it funny how my old diesel with 250k never really had a problem but now I'm very hesitant to put any "Robbie parts" on my new dodge.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Registered
    Hm... I give it at least three months in the driveway...... think about how long the chevy stayed there when he first got it..... let alone this time, and im not going to even bring up the jeep......