Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Buckwheat

fix that cv with a Dana 44, can't be that hard to hang a solid axle under, and it would be different.
    But I doubt it's as good a deal as John's ZJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

did a little research for you...

if your right about being an '87

3.9L carb'd v6
    dont know what 5 spd, but the AX15 wasnt introduced until later
    np207
    and some shatty axles

Im willing to bet it has the same trans as sharpes S10. and is worth about the same or less.

on the other hand: unidbodys suck, as do 46RE's

keep looking

I will try to get pictures up as soon as i can of this truck... I have a few problems though... One, i dont have anywhere to keep it in college station this semester, and two, i really dont have a way to haul it around, but i am pretty sure i can get it down to college station if i do buy it

I bought it Sunday for $600

Last edited by sam_hodnett; 03-22-2010 at 12:34 PM.

For $600, beat the hell outta that thing just as it is!

a little tube work and itll be sweet, not that it isnt for the price. good buy!

Step 1 - beat piss out of it
    Step 2 - TBD

sweet deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

True Hollywood Stry
    http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1668952418.html

cheap parts truck with efi motor I would assume. Assuming the guy wants to play ball on the price.
    Last edited by stx4wheeler; 03-31-2010 at 10:08 PM.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1668952418.html

cheap parts truck with efi motor I would assume. Assuming the guy wants to play ball on the price.
    Thanks, What would have to be done to make it start without spraying gad into the intake?
    Last edited by sam_hodnett; 03-31-2010 at 10:29 PM.

True Hollywood Stry
    I dunno prolly installing a new fuel pump. I bet he will take somewhere in the $350 range for it maybe less I'd start at like $250 and go up.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    I dunno prolly installing a new fuel pump. I bet he will take somewhere in the $350 range for it maybe less I'd start at like $250 and go up.
    Thats what i was thinking, its just a long way from home for me to tow it all the way back to paris

Bump
    Re-named, Buckwheat
    I have a 96 Cadillac with a 4.8L V8 that is sitting in a pasture on my ranch for a few years, it is a front wheel drive car, but i only need the motor, can i put it in Buckwheat? any reasons not to?
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

If you're going to swap motors, you might as well do something like a 350 that's easy to find parts for. A caddy wouldn't bolt up to anything would it? So I don't know why it would be a viable option at all.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    I vote for something easier also. Did the 4.8 ever go in front of anything rear wheel drive? Is the car still driveable? If so, maybe list it on CL as a trade for a drivetrain, and save a big headache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    Bump
    Re-named, Buckwheat
    I have a 96 Cadillac with a 4.8L V8 that is sitting in a pasture on my ranch for a few years, it is a front wheel drive car, but i only need the motor, can i put it in Buckwheat? any reasons not to?
    "Northstar V-8
    The candidate: In '93, grannymobile Cadillacs began running GM's premier DOHC 4.6L Northstar engine. With dual overhead cams, four-valves-per-cylinder, and an output of either 275hp/300lb-ft (LD8) or 300hp/295lb-ft (L37), the all-aluminum Northstars combined light weight, high strength, and smooth power delivery in one iconic package. The catch was that up until the LC3 came along in '07, all Northstars were transversely-mounted in front-wheel drive applications.

The perception: I'll buy a '90s Caddy for $800, yank the engine, and slap it in my Wrangler and go!

The reality: The transverse-mounted architecture is a nightmare to overcome. For starters, the log-style oil pan can't be chopped into a rear-sump design. Then, the intake manifold must be turned 180-degrees on the engine and the water pump manifold and water pump removed from the rear of the engine and replaced with an electric water pump for firewall clearance.

The exception: The engine architecture works well for rear-engine sand rail applications and, indeed, these engines are supported with aftermarket wiring harnesses and stand-alone ECUs.

We think: Leave 'em to the buggies. If you really need a DOHC Northstar, go find yourself an Olds 3.5L Shortstar V-6, add a turbo, and pretend you're running the V-8."

Sounds like it would be a bitch, if you want a cheap V-8... Go with a you know what...
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL