Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Buckwheat

While those Northstars are plenty ballsy and have the Cadi bling factor, they are too much of a PITA for this application. All the **** Adam pointed out, plus IIRC the starter is in the lifter valley. Not exactly the easiest engine to work with. Not to mention finding a RWD transmission that will bolt up.

Conclusion: Get some seat time with whatever engine is in it now before tearing apart and spending twice as much as you budgeted on an engine swap
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    While those Northstars are plenty ballsy and have the Cadi bling factor, they are too much of a PITA for this application. All the **** Adam pointed out, plus IIRC the starter is in the lifter valley. Not exactly the easiest engine to work with. Not to mention finding a RWD transmission that will bolt up.

Conclusion: Get some seat time with whatever engine is in it now before tearing apart and spending ten times as much as you budgeted on an engine swap
    fixed if for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

the only reason tht I am thinking boutdoing an engine swap is becasu as the truck is right now, it smokes like a professional mosquito fogger. I'll prolly either rebuild it or find a junkyard motor for it. I was just ondering if this motor swap was possible because I already have the car. Thanks for the advice!
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

try some marvel mystery oil or something else before you drop the coin on a rebuild or a swap, it may get you a year or so before you have to do anyting and thats money you can spend to go wheeling

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    The v6 is a pretty decent engine, just try to find a 318 to swap in and flemco that biatch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Bitch is SOLD!
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

ill be your pickup man
    Hallelujah!!!!!!!!
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

I am not out of the water yet, still need to get it back to paris and get the money

And make sure you leak sterling somewhere when you do take it back.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

It's like a boat.

1st best day...
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    I am thinking about buying a Dodge Dakota
    2nd best day...
    Bitch is SOLD!
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

you going to replace it with anything, or are you just going to buy some gun stuff?

This is great, when do you need me to drag it to Paris?

Honestly I don't think anything less than a turn-key off road rig is for Sam, he has too much farmer in him, when something breaks it will never get fixed but instead just sit where ever it broke at.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post

Honestly I don't think anything less than a turn-key off road rig is for Sam, he has too much farmer in him, when something breaks it will never get fixed but instead just sit where ever it broke at.
    Hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by bcolman View Post
    you going to replace it with anything, or are you just going to buy some gun stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post

I am really wanting to replace it, but it is going to have to be an already built rig like Travis stated, I do not have the time, knowledge, or motivation to get a project.

And Travis, we will talk about it later

Edit: I am going to finish my AR this summer so who knows
    Last edited by sam_hodnett; 04-26-2011 at 01:01 PM.

I am really wanting to replace it, but it is going to have to be an already built rig like Travis stated, I do not have the time, knowledge, or motivation to get a project.

And Travis, we will talk about it later
    It's not that you can't or don't have time, it's just that you won't fix anything
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!