Thread: Who had March 14th?

Threaded View

Chief

The Microwave build

1979 Ford Bronco
    400/435/205

The goods:
    Runs and drives good... for a little while.
    Body is solid, no bondo.
    Speedometer works, 4x4 works, steering worked surprisingly nice.
    floorboards completely redone and interior has been cheapo-lined.. he did a nice job on it though, paint is pretty decent.

The bads:
    Needs new: bumpers (someone want to help me custom fab some and make some moolah?), tailgate, seats (front & rear), alternator??, battery, some kind of electrical problem somewhere keeping it from starting. I'm about 95% sure that it will start just fine with a new battery, but will kill it just like it did this one. Previous owner said this thing is a battery killer.. any thoughts on the matter would be great. My plans as of right now are new alternator & battery and we shall see how that goes.

Drove to Waco today to look at a Bronco. Previous owner owned truck for 7 years and has been his weekend project ever since. During that time he installed new master cylinder, booster, lines, completely redid floor which he said had rusted through, he did a good job on all of it. The guy almost cried getting rid of it, touching stuff.. I know. Also has new carb, but this thing is mostly stock. I already removed some cheesy diamond plate step rails. It's sitting on 35's with no lift. The power steering doesn't seem to like that too much though.

Drove Bronco for 45 minutes with no problems. Previous owner said there is a short somewhere and it kills the battery if left on. We get about 30 minutes outside of Waco and Bronco starts losing power.. eventually dies as I coast to a stop. My diagnosis is no juice left in the electrical system + a bad alternator. I'll post follow up on this tomorrow after I remove alternator and put replacement in.
    Last edited by Hot Pocket; 10-22-2012 at 12:12 AM.