Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Who had March 14th?

Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Pay up sucka! You send my money yet?
    went out in the mail today
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

Chief

Lifted
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

ill be your pickup man
    Sweet. I dig
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

i like it, and i will have 3 medium pepperonis please
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

True Hollywood Stry
    Cool, did you replace the radius arm bushings with the properly degreed ones?
    Last edited by stx4wheeler; 10-22-2010 at 11:47 AM.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Cool, did you replace the radius arm bushings with the properly degreed ones?
    I have not, I'm still waiting on the rest of the parts to come in from JBG, so the lift isnt finished yet. That picture was taken just to get an idea of how it should look. Should I go with 4 or 7 degree bushings?

Parts on order:
    Drop pitman arm
    Drop Track Bar bracket
    Track Bar Bushings

My shocks came in yesterday, going with the Rancho 5000 series

I have a pitman arm over at Will's house if you have not ordered it yet
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

lowballing someone
    hey tate, since your bronco is now melted down somewhere into spoons or something shouldn't you take it off your signiture vehicle list
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Chief
    The rest of the parts came in today.

Let's talk exhaust. For the moment, it needs something on there, so short term I'm thinking 2.25" tubing into some cheapo oreilly mufflers, staying true duals

After I get the transmission and transfer case rebuilt, I'd like to do the exhaust right and go with some headers, then 2.25" pipe into an X-pipe, with some glasspacks.

I've heard people say that glasspacks = no backpressure, and that's not bueno for a truck that needs to make lots of low end torque, but can I compensate for the lack of backpressure by staying with 2.25" pipes and an x-pipe?

Thoughts? Oh, and I like it loud!

Than strait pipe that bitch, or get cheap glasspacks and get all of the fiberglass out, or just a strait through muffler.

IMO loud trail rigs are annoying.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

I have the 3" flowmasters from the bronco. And I still have the bronco but cut the body up so technically still have it
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
    The rest of the parts came in today.

Let's talk exhaust. For the moment, it needs something on there, so short term I'm thinking 2.25" tubing into some cheapo oreilly mufflers, staying true duals

After I get the transmission and transfer case rebuilt, I'd like to do the exhaust right and go with some headers, then 2.25" pipe into an X-pipe, with some glasspacks.

I've heard people say that glasspacks = no backpressure, and that's not bueno for a truck that needs to make lots of low end torque, but can I compensate for the lack of backpressure by staying with 2.25" pipes and an x-pipe?

Thoughts? Oh, and I like it loud!

More important than a x pipe or certain size pipe is making sure the exhaust is routed in a protective manner.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

True Hollywood Stry
    I have not, I'm still waiting on the rest of the parts to come in from JBG, so the lift isnt finished yet. That picture was taken just to get an idea of how it should look. Should I go with 4 or 7 degree bushings?

Parts on order:
    Drop pitman arm
    Drop Track Bar bracket
    Track Bar Bushings

My shocks came in yesterday, going with the Rancho 5000 series

The recomended degree for a 4 inch lift is 4degrees, but as a whole the ford radius arm trucks like more caster so I would go with 7 degree bushings( will help the axle return to center faster). If you want it to drive really nice get a set of radius arm drop downs for the lift. They are not ideal off road, but make it drive good on road. There is a big difference in road manners between the two. If you get drop downs you won't have to get degreed bushings.

There are some other tricks to get it to drive better call me and i will give you some hints.

Now for a psa, I think you need to decide what you want the truck to be whether it is a truck like tommy's that you beat on, or a truck that could be daily driven like my blue truck. I'm cool with whatever you wanna do, but it is hard to go from beater to cruiser.

Looks good do far.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    The recomended degree for a 4 inch lift is 4degrees, but as a whole the ford radius arm trucks like more caster so I would go with 7 degree bushings( will help the axle return to center faster). If you want it to drive really nice get a set of radius arm drop downs for the lift. They are not ideal off road, but make it drive good on road. There is a big difference in road manners between the two. If you get drop downs you won't have to get degreed bushings.

There are some other tricks to get it to drive better call me and i will give you some hints.

Now for a psa, I think you need to decide what you want the truck to be whether it is a truck like tommy's that you beat on, or a truck that could be daily driven like my blue truck. I'm cool with whatever you wanna do, but it is hard to go from beater to cruiser.

Looks good do far.
    First priority is that it needs to be something that can be daily driven, but I'd like to build it so that it can do some very light wheeling. I was looking at radius arm drop down brackets, and the cheapest I can find them for is over $200, so I'll probably wind up ordering the correction bushings.

First priority is that it needs to be something that can be daily driven, but I'd like to build it so that it can do some very light wheeling. I was looking at radius arm drop down brackets, and the cheapest I can find them for is over $200, so I'll probably wind up ordering the correction bushings.
    I thought you drive a jetta? Why do you need this to be a DD?