Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Who had March 14th?

its a wiring issue. The starter solenoid just clicks. Even when we try to jump the solenoid it doesn't work.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    yeah the bumpers are worth half the price of the truck just in material. I do like the rear deck looks like awesome south texas beach cruzer. it is big enough to strap coolers too?
    You always did like the deck in the rear...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    its a wiring issue. The starter solenoid just clicks. Even when we try to jump the solenoid it doesn't work.
    check your grounds especially the one on the battery, take them off clean them and the matting surface and try again, or run jumper cables directly to the starter and see if it will jump
    Last edited by AggieTJ2007; 03-18-2010 at 12:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

pull the M'F'ing starter off and test it. I wish i was in college station just so i could watch you clowns monkey around on it.

Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    pull the M'F'ing starter off and test it. I wish i was in college station just so i could watch you clowns monkey around on it.
    starter is fine, tested it today. got a new solenoid too... still nothing.

engine doesn't even turn over, starter just clicks... I know I need a new battery too. This thing killed the old one

Quote Originally Posted by 4-Banger View Post
    Those bumpers remind me of those kids in middle school that had to walk around with the orthodontic headgear all day long.
    Brian's back! Where you been?

Jump start the dam thing. Your battery is not dead beyond the point of recharging, you just bought it. And check your fawkin grounds like Creighton keeps saying. Put a jumper cable from the starter body directly to the negative post on your battery to make absolutely sure that it's not a circuit issue. Starter usually clicks when it's not getting enough amps. This can be caused by a weak battery, a bad circuit on the positive side, or a bad circuit on the negative side, aka THE GROUND. Find a set of burly jumper cables, run them from a running vehicle to your battery, then run jumpers from there DIRECTLY to your starter.

And stop being a douche. You asked a question, people gave you advice, you blatantly ignored all of it and now you're trying to speculate on what is wrong on your own again as if you know anything. Try what people are suggesting, tell us that it didn't work, then we'll go from there but so far you are not doing that.
    Last edited by uglyota; 03-18-2010 at 09:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post

And stop being a douche. You asked a question, people gave you advice, you blatantly ignored all of it and now you're trying to speculate on what is wrong on your own again as if you know anything. Try what people are suggesting, tell us that it didn't work, then we'll go from there but so far you are not doing that.
    you're really stretching it trying to pick on the newb. i see none of this behavior in this thread. should we take this to the tahoe ball joint swap thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
    New alternator and battery.. still wont start.

Just clicks when I try to start it. Tried jumper cables and nothing..

Does this mean going through the whole truck and finding the short? Where do I start?
    check and clean your grounds

if need be install a ground between the battery and motor
    Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post

check your grounds especially the one on the battery, take them off clean them and the matting surface and try again, or run jumper cables directly to the starter and see if it will jump

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
    starter is fine, tested it today. got a new solenoid too... still nothing.

engine doesn't even turn over, starter just clicks... I know I need a new battery too. This thing killed the old one
    show me where he's paying any attention to any of the advice given to him in this thread. And there's not a tahoe balljoint thread, but show me where I asked for advice, received it, and blatantly ignored it and/or didn't say thank you for it
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

actually we did clean the grounds and put a new cables on the battery. The battery is grounded to the block and to the radiator core support.
    Last edited by TdmayfieldIV; 03-18-2010 at 11:40 AM.

Then why won't the starter turn over the motor, even though the starter was tested to be good? Because there is a weak link in the circuit.

the blue oval is your problem

Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02 View Post
    the blue oval is your problem
    Ding ding ding!

I made a mistake when I said the battery is new... It's not new; I took it up to Oreilly and had them charge it, but it came back ok. I'm going to get a new one today/ tomorrow. I don't trust this Valu-crap ****.

Hippy-
    I've gone through the electrical system with a multimeter. I found that the tach is the problem of the short, it draws about .5 amps of power. I did clean my grounds, and I even got new cables and terminals since the old ones were crap.

Sorry, you are right that I have yet to say thank you for any of the advice posted.

But thank you guys.. It goes without saying that I would be nowhere if I had nobody to come to for help. So thank you all for the help that you've given me.

edit: especially you, Mayfield.. A big thanks to you!
    Last edited by Hot Pocket; 03-18-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Chief
    She lives!!!!!!!!!

Happiest moment of my life! Fixed the short & the bad alternator. Put in battery from Jetta and she fired right up!

On the to-do list for today

New oil
    New U-joint
    Fix front driveshaft
    Replace rear driveshaft
    35's back on (if time)

To do list for tomorrow

Buy New battery
    New trans fluid
    New transfer case fluid
    Add fluid to diffs
    Hug truck for running

WHOOP!

crank, start, and run are not synonymous. i think the alternator was the problem.

Chief
    I was the one who called the alternator!

DAMN YOU COX!