Chief
    Um, hello.. I diagnosed this

How does hippy get all the credit!?!

You're all fags. I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
    1979 Ford Bronco
    400/435/205

The goods:
    Runs and drives good... for a little while.
    Body is solid, no bondo.
    Speedometer works, 4x4 works, steering worked surprisingly nice.
    floorboards completely redone and interior has been cheapo-lined.. he did a nice job on it though, paint is pretty decent.

The bads:
    Needs new: bumpers (someone want to help me custom fab some and make some moolah?), tailgate, seats (front & rear), alternator??, battery, some kind of electrical problem somewhere keeping it from starting. I'm about 95% sure that it will start just fine with a new battery, but will kill it just like it did this one. Previous owner said this thing is a battery killer.. any thoughts on the matter would be great. My plans as of right now are new alternator & battery and we shall see how that goes.

Drove to Waco today to look at a Bronco. Previous owner owned truck for 7 years and has been his weekend project ever since. During that time he installed new master cylinder, booster, lines, completely redid floor which he said had rusted through, he did a good job on all of it. The guy almost cried getting rid of it, touching stuff.. I know. Also has new carb, but this thing is mostly stock. I already removed some cheesy diamond plate step rails. It's sitting on 35's with no lift. The power steering doesn't seem to like that too much though.

Drove Bronco for 45 minutes with no problems. Previous owner said there is a short somewhere and it kills the battery if left on. We get about 30 minutes outside of Waco and Bronco starts losing power.. eventually dies as I coast to a stop. My diagnosis is no juice left in the electrical system + a bad alternator. I'll post follow up on this tomorrow after I remove alternator and put replacement in.
    I hate to do it but I have to give some credit to HP, however it was very poorly executed. or (not sure which is correct)
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Um, hello.. I diagnosed this

How does hippy get all the credit!?!
    I'm not trying to take all the credit, just saying you're retarded for thinking a bad alternator or a 1/2 amp draw on the tach was keeping your starter from turning the motor over
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

why not 30 weight oil?

we hooked jumper cables between my running truck and his and it didn't do anything different. We had a multimeter on the battery and it was charging 14 volts for a good 10 minutes. Thats why we didn't think new battery

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    I'm not trying to take all the credit, just saying you're retarded for thinking a bad alternator or a 1/2 amp draw on the tach was keeping your starter from turning the motor over
    .5A draw drains the battery, bad alternator doesn't recharge it, vehicle with DEAD battery won't jump start

did you make sure it was in park?

Nope, most of the time we were trying to start it he didn't push the clutch in. Oh well, it works now.

Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    we hooked jumper cables between my running truck and his and it didn't do anything different. We had a multimeter on the battery and it was charging 14 volts for a good 10 minutes. Thats why we didn't think new battery
    plus the fact that oreilly told me it was a good battery.

PS Thanks for the advice Eckert... Took my old ****ty battery back to vatozone and got a free one. I guess there is some jew in me after all. I just made up a story about how I was passing through Waco about a year ago and picked up this battery but forgot the receipt. It worked.. got a replacement fo FREE!

Today I had a nice little 2 hour cruise around town. She backfires when shifting gears sometimes, going to get new spark plugs & wires tomorrow. The tranny needs a rebuild since it slips out of 4th, and it sounds like the motor could use a tune-up.

The good news-
    This truck is all stock. All my gauges and lights work. Only thing is when the blinkers get turned on, it flashes both lights... I think I'll check that out tomorrow. Now that she's running I'd like to get her registered.

bitches
    Attached Images Attached Images  

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

plus the fact that oreilly told me it was a good battery.

PS Thanks for the advice Eckert... Took my old ****ty battery back to vatozone and got a free one. I guess there is some jew in me after all. I just made up a story about how I was passing through Waco about a year ago and picked up this battery but forgot the receipt. It worked.. got a replacement fo FREE!
    Autozone's not great for much, but they're good for batteries. Last time I exchanged a battery, I gave them a receipt that wasn't even for the same truck. Still got half off on the new battery
    I may not be able to run with the big dogs, but I can limp with the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by 4-Banger View Post
    Autozone's not great for much, but they're good for batteries. Last time I exchanged a battery, I gave them a receipt that wasn't even for the same truck. Still got half off on the new battery
    fail

HP, where is this pig parked at these days?

lowballing someone
    the bronco is in the neighborhhod behind triangle bowl off college
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Chief
    what colman said.

here she is on the 35s
    Attached Images Attached Images