Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: The Kernal

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post

trying to convince my dad to let me trade in for something like this.

2006 150
    60,000 miles
    5.4, cruise control, cloth seats, one owner, clean carfax. It's a really clean truck.

I'm working on getting the jeep perfect. I need
    Tj sun visors
    fix the front fenders
    -I took a hammer and dolly to them and made a world of difference
    -One dent from offroading in colorado
    -one side ****ed up from someone backing into me in the parking lot (not the recent one but when it was parked and had the bra on)
    Blower motor resistor (bought, not installed yet)
    Clean and detail
    Balance the tires.

I don't know how I can convince my dad to go through the trouble. The ford is equal value of the jeep (trade in value vs. the fords asking price)

Hopefully I can talk some sense into him. Believe me I am grateful that my parents gave me the jeep. It is a reliable way to get to school and work but it is impractical.
    They are good trucks. Good luck on the convincing.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Chief
    ozium.. youre welcome
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
    ozium.. youre welcome
    Don't let that **** hit your skin, it burns!
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

John, does your transmission always feel like it is shifting? I took that one for a test drive and it was constantly changing gear. Maybe the computer isn't used to my driving style.

So bad news. My dad told me today that they are moving back next summer so ill be out of a daily driver. So either ill be driving the bronco around or ill have to buy a dd, which means a loan. If I can save up enough and pay for my parents 03 Yukon Xl denali 6.0L to be shipped back then I can have it until I graduate. That would tow the bronco just fine I think.

ill be your pickup man
    I would save up a couple Gs for a down payment on a used 10kish 1/2ton. Get a loan, then get more hours at current job. I worked 20-30 while taking 13-15 hrs....which is nothing special....alot of of people do alot more. Faggie is going to tell you to pay cash, dont take a note blah blah, but you are in college, its what college people do. Just dont be stupid and buy some overpriced bro'd out diesel. Pay that **** off as soon as you can.

04-08 F150s can be had for that price, but they will have a few more miles on them. Not a big deal, just be smart when buying. Not sure on the Chevys, but I am sure a truck like Cook's with similar miles would be about the same.

Your parents suburban would be nice, but really, are you hauling bitches around town? No, your hauling ****ty greasy Bronco parts around that you picked up from Leroy in in Millican off Craigslist...you need a pickup.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

You live on campus, dd the bronco. Are you really going to be able to buy and maintain another vehicle, buy a trailer to tow the bronco, and continue to build up and wheel the bronco? Buy a 10k ish half ton when you graduate.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Registered User NealtheDestroyr's Avatar
    My heep is for sale, just throwing that out there. Probly wouldn't make a good tow rig...
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

my truck will be for sale in the near(next few weeks) future, i will cut you a deal if you are interested,

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    So bad news. My dad told me today that they are moving back next summer so ill be out of a daily driver. So either ill be driving the bronco around or ill have to buy a dd, which means a loan. If I can save up enough and pay for my parents 03 Yukon Xl denali 6.0L to be shipped back then I can have it until I graduate. That would tow the bronco just fine I think.
    How much is it gonna be to ship the yukon?
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I would save up a couple Gs for a down payment on a used 10kish 1/2ton. Get a loan, then get more hours at current job. I worked 20-30 while taking 13-15 hrs....which is nothing special....alot of of people do alot more. Faggie is going to tell you to pay cash, dont take a note blah blah, but you are in college, its what college people do. Just dont be stupid and buy some overpriced bro'd out diesel. Pay that **** off as soon as you can.
    Oh Jeebus I get drug down everywhere I turn...

I am not against taking out a loan for a DD, I am against taking out a loan for a TOY. I took out a loan for my FJ Cruiser my junior year in college. Financed it so my payments were $236 a month which was affordable for me. That being said I wasn't trying to afford a wheeling vehicle at the same time which is where things get tricky. If you plan on continuing to modify the Bronco, make payments on a vehicle loan, go to school full time and work part time, well I think funds will get pretty short pretty quick. Just my opinion that it probably isn't the best financial move. I say either DD the Bronco or sell the Bronco for everything it is worth and get a loan on a DD/mild wheeler that you can have fun in and will be reliable. Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by bcolman View Post
    my truck will be for sale in the near(next few weeks) future, i will cut you a deal if you are interested,
    why are you selling the truck?
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    dd the bronco. .
    I mean, I know his Bronco is in your shop...but you have seen it right???
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    ...but really, are you hauling bitches around town? No, your hauling ****ty greasy Bronco parts around that you picked up from Leroy in in Millican off Craigslist...you need a pickup.
    Funnay.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'