Thread: Borrow a Garmin 60csx or similar?

Borrow a Garmin 60csx or similar?

Anyone have one I can borrow this weekend? Would like to see if the screen is big enough for a motorcycle trip next year. As always if I break or damage it in anyway, I'll replace it. Thanks - Doug
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Damn, to bad you didn't need this last week. I have the 60csx and it is awesome if you need any pics or info let me know. I would send it down to college station but I am flying out to Australia tomorrow so it would be a looong return journey to get it back to me.

what time is your flight?

I hope i see you in the airport tomm so i can yell out "OH MY GOD ITS RYAN SEACREST!!! Look everyone Ryan Seacrest! Hey can you sign this napkin for me? *** I never meet anyone famous, this is so awesome!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Oh, that's awesome Jerry, I laughed pretty hard. My flight is 5:30 pm take off so boarding at around 5, then a 4 hour flight to LA and 4 hour layover and then 14 hrs straight into Sydney. Should get there early on the morning of the 11th.

mine's at 6 but i'll be in the President's club early....maybe i'll have a couple free drinks and swing by the int'l terminal
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Also look at the Delorme PN60 which just came out. It has arguably the best topo maps available and has a version which supports texts using a SPOT locator module.

The SPOT version (PN-60W) is not out yet but the PN 60 is just now widely available. I saw one at REI the other day. RAM makes motorcycle mounts for them too.

Both come with DeLorme Topo 9

Possibly my next GPS.

-Mark
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...

I've been looking at that one too Mark. Planning on doing the continental divide ride next summer, and farting around for a week in CO this summer as a test ride.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

That sounds like a sweet trip!
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    I like my vista. Jones has the same one. I think Jones has a mount on his mountain bike for it. Having the screen illuminated makes a huge difference, but eats batteries, so you would need a USB 12 volt charger. All of this you probably already know.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Think I'm going to wait a while and see what comes out in the next year. Lowrance actually had a pretty sweet crossover, but it got discontinued 2 years ago. For this summers trip I'll just wing it with my old Magellan.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Whatever I get, I'll be getting it soon. I've got a summer tip to CO and another to Montana.

-Mark
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...