Thread: General Grabbers

General Grabbers

I recently purchased the General Grabbers in 35x12.50R17 E

I got a chance to finger these tires at 4 wheel parts and are by far the heaviest, sturdiest tire out there. I imagine sidewall flex would not be ideal for a light weight vehicle, but seems to be perfect for my application.

They are very quiet and ride exceptionally smooth. In fact most people who ride with me comment on this fact. With a little over 4,000 miles I have yet to notice any usual ware

I spend as much time as I can on the coast and thats why I bought this tire, for the sand. I've went down the Matagorda beach twice within the last month. There is no comparison to my last set of tires. 285 nitto terra grapplers, the grabbers preform great in all types of sand.

I haven't really got into any mud except for some water crossings in the marshes, they seems to work good but are definitely not a "mud terrain".

Also they seem to turn thorns pretty good which is nice being that I normally run over a lot of ****.

One down fall is with pooling water on the highway, but this is to be expected with any bigger more aggressive tire.

And made in the USA

Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Also I have yet to witness any rubbing with my current set up.

2007 Dodge 2500 Cummins
    2 inch hellbent spacer
    Heavy ass front bumper
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

That's a pimp set up with the Kayaks.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
    That's a pimp set up with the Kayaks.
    Thanks, I really enjoy it

Also the grabbers are extremely loud during a burn out.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Also the grabbers are extremely loud during a burn out.
    You were one of those kids that would buy a new hat and then rub the bill on the concrete so it already looked worn out, weren't you?
    BDR

Quote Originally Posted by mudtoy67 View Post
    You were one of those kids that would buy a new hat and then rub the bill on the concrete so it already looked worn out, weren't you?
    To go along with the new, already worn out jeans

Not so much as a burn out but under hard acceleration they can be ridiculously loud.
    Born to Kill

ill be your pickup man
    Can you still hook up a gooseneck with that gay little kayak rack
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    Good looking tire though. I have over 50k on my KM2s now, with probably 25-30% tread left. Waiting for my Colorado trip in 1.5 months to swap them out. I have been hitting some curbs and drving over debris in attempts to take advantage of Road Hazzard warranty. No luck thus far.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89 View Post
    Can you still hook up a gooseneck with that gay little kayak rack
    Doesn't stay on the truck when I'm not hauling the kayaks and the Grabbers are way cooler than km2's

Really though they are a lot thicker, seems to be tougher, and higher load rating than the same size km2. The place where I feel like km2's preform better are wet roads, specifically standing water. I'm not sure how long the tread will last though, I'm hoping this will be the first set of tires I get more than 30 k out of.
    Born to Kill

Just encase anyone is wondering how tough the tires are:

I have about 40k miles on them now and have been running one of my back tires (due to a leak) at 6-10 psi for at least a month now... Almost no noticeable budge unless a trailer is hooked up.
    Born to Kill

love these tires. too tough for a little jeep though.