I'm taring everything down now to clean it up. Plus i have an unidentified problem with the clutch being stuck engaged.

Right now I am weighing some options on how to proceed.

I have been considering swapping the t-176 for an auto transmission for a while. My hope is that I could reduce the drivetrain length and still have some crawlability with an auto. I am just now starting to collect some measurements to see if its even possible.
My thought process: swap in auto transmission (probably a TF999) and get red of my box 4 rocks doubler. hope to have shorter drive train for better rear drive shaft angle. I would like get the jeep to where I could drive it on the road again. The rear shaft angle is so bad right now, that you can't get over ~34-40 mph without feeling like it's about to rip itself apart.

I love my current crawl ratio (it is somewhere around 100:1 and I'm only running 33" tires). I don't know if I would be happy with the gear after the swap.

This is where i'm looking for opinions. Will the auto make a big enough difference for me to not miss my doubler?
Also, what would be your recommendation for an auto tranny? I'm starting to look into TF999's and AW4's. I want to avoid expensive adapters.