Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Diamondback .380 for Sale!

Quote Originally Posted by NealtheDestroyr View Post
    From what ive read and heard the SD is S&W answer to the glock 19. Are you going to be carrying it?

OTOH I love my M&P9c. 12rds 9mm, stippled and cerakoted. ****ing accurate too.
    Not if you're shooting it
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Registered User NealtheDestroyr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Not if you're shooting it
    only when you're there, dick. youre bad luck
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

I MIGHT be carrying it, dunno yet... Got to wait until September rolls around again anyways. I was mainly gunning for a Ruger because of the great price and all the stuff that comes with them. What I wanted to do was get a 9mm/.40 and a .22lr for plinking/practice.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.ZAP View Post
    I MIGHT be carrying it, dunno yet... Got to wait until September rolls around again anyways. I was mainly gunning for a Ruger because of the great price and all the stuff that comes with them. What I wanted to do was get a 9mm/.40 and a .22lr for plinking/practice.
    Have you shot either the glock or M&P or the ruger? I'd suggest going to champions and firing a mag or two out of each pistol and deciding then. If you like the ruger then go for it. Im going to suggest the M&P because thats what i prefer. Its accurate, comes with better backstraps than either the glock or the ruger and SW has bad ass customer service. It just feels better to ME personally. You cant go wrong with glock though. Very reliable, accurate and the parts are very very plentiful. Easy to work on too. I chose 9mm over 40 because i can carry +p loads and be just as effective as 40cal. Lower recoil=more controlable=more rounds on target.Plus its kinda cheaper to shoot. Im also a firm believer in shot placement being more effective than caliber(to a certain degree). IF you buy any of these pistols make sure you take to the range and shoot the piss out of it. Im not saying go and set up a target and just blast away but actually go and concentrate on trigger pull and sight picture. Load 5 rounds in each mag and practice reloads. Practice from the draw if you can also. I try to shoot at least 100rds through my CCW at least 1-2 times a month, money permitting.
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

Have you shot either the glock or M&P or the ruger? I'd suggest going to champions and firing a mag or two out of each pistol and deciding then. If you like the ruger then go for it. Im going to suggest the M&P because thats what i prefer. Its accurate, comes with better backstraps than either the glock or the ruger and SW has bad ass customer service. It just feels better to ME personally. You cant go wrong with glock though. Very reliable, accurate and the parts are very very plentiful. Easy to work on too. I chose 9mm over 40 because i can carry +p loads and be just as effective as 40cal. Lower recoil=more controlable=more rounds on target.Plus its kinda cheaper to shoot. Im also a firm believer in shot placement being more effective than caliber(to a certain degree). IF you buy any of these pistols make sure you take to the range and shoot the piss out of it. Im not saying go and set up a target and just blast away but actually go and concentrate on trigger pull and sight picture. Load 5 rounds in each mag and practice reloads. Practice from the draw if you can also. I try to shoot at least 100rds through my CCW at least 1-2 times a month, money permitting.
    I have shot a glock 9mm before and it was pretty good. I've yet to shoot a steel frame pistol though. I'll for sure try all of them out before i buy, but for a 9 i was leaning more towards either CZ or Springfield, CZ being the front runner, and Springfield because I hear that they are great pistols and they come with a bunch of extras like a holster, extra mags, speed loader, etc. I do agree with you on the placement over power argument, plus 9 ammo is quite a bit cheaper. This is why i really like CZ, obviously based solely on speculation, because they are supposed to be extremely accurate with high capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.ZAP View Post
    I have shot a glock 9mm before and it was pretty good. I've yet to shoot a steel frame pistol though. I'll for sure try all of them out before i buy, but for a 9 i was leaning more towards either CZ or Springfield, CZ being the front runner, and Springfield because I hear that they are great pistols and they come with a bunch of extras like a holster, extra mags, speed loader, etc. I do agree with you on the placement over power argument, plus 9 ammo is quite a bit cheaper. This is why i really like CZ, obviously based solely on speculation, because they are supposed to be extremely accurate with high capacity.
    If you want steel frame 9mm then go CZ. The CZ75 or Rami is a damn good pistol. You wont be disapointed. If you want polymer then go M&P or glock. Springfield=

True Hollywood Stry
    Man I wish we had a thread that was specifically designated for talking about guns.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Man I wish we had a thread that was specifically designated for talking about guns.
    Derpty derp...
    Ya it got a little off topic. TO THE "Gun, Guns, Guns" thread then!

If you want steel frame 9mm then go CZ. The CZ75 or Rami is a damn good pistol. You wont be disapointed. If you want polymer then go M&P or glock. Springfield=
    **** that, arfcom is making you more tacti-cool by the day.

I say go with a Springfield and if it's for carry go with the .40 cal. Mine is plenty accurate, very controllable, easily concealable, high-speed, low-drag makes great bludgeoning device, and I always put more rounds on target than Matt.

even left handed :flipoff2black:
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Derpty derp...
    Ya it got a little off topic. TO THE "Gun, Guns, Guns" thread then!
    Sooooooooooo......... :jumps to the Guns, Guns, Guns thread:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    **** that, arfcom is making you more tacti-cool by the day.

I say go with a Springfield and if it's for carry go with the .40 cal. Mine is plenty accurate, very controllable, easily concealable, high-speed, low-drag makes great bludgeoning device, and I always put more rounds on target than Matt.

even left handed :flipoff2black:
    We'll see...

We'll see...
    I'm game
    Born to Kill

This pistol has been sold. It wasnt a very good buy IMHO. I got it because i wanted something small but it turned out to not be very reliable and if i was to do it again i would have bought the Sig 238. Ill stick to my M&P 9c from now on.
    Jorge Amselle of Concealed Carry Handguns magazine said that the DB380 was, "... one of the most pleasant .380 ACP pocket pistols [he] has ever shot." The firearm world is just full of contradictions, isn't it???

Maybe he has tiny girl hands? Or maybe most .380s suck?
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

Quote Originally Posted by TexTJ209 View Post
    Maybe he has tiny girl hands? Or maybe most .380s suck?
    Like ive said before, every conceal carry handgun is a compromise. This pistol would make a perfect pocket carry piece, whether for formal wear or deep concealment. I didnt like it because i had several FTEs and FTF. Suprisingly it felt as though my hands were too big . If i ever get another auto pocket pistol then it will be the Sig P238.