Thread: NP205 suggestions?

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar

NP205 suggestions?

From a co-worker:
    "I am looking for a divorce mounted NP205 tcase w/ a drivers side front output shaft.

I have a 1966 F150 4x4 that I am still working on and I am going to put a Cummins in it out of a 1993 dodge. It is a 2wd w/ a 5spd manual trans, picked up complete running truck so should have everything I need to swap it. Dodge had the same trans w/ a 4wd and a mated np205 however it is a passenger side output so that won’t work for me.

The trans I currently have in the 66 is a np435 which is a 4 spd, would be nice to keep the 5 spd. Therefore I think the most economical and easiest way to go would be to keep the 2wd 5 spd and get a divorced np205.

Do you have any suggestions on where to start looking? This is more than likely too old for most salvage yards."

advise, suggestions?
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Swap a dodge input into a ford case? You might have to get some measurements and take a trip to Purvis for an input bearing bit it should otherwise be prety painless.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

there on ebay and craigslist all the time. super easy to rebuild.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tigweld View Post
    there on ebay and craigslist all the time. super easy to rebuild.
    I think there might be one on Craigslst Houston right now, but as I recollect the guy wants a lot of money for it.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

I would think a divorce ford one will be more than married just do to the fact it's the only driver drop and divorced setup used in the those old trucks and only for a few years, and the ford cases have better front output adding to value. now if he wanted to swap the front axle to pass drop he might could get a IH divorced case cheaper.