Thread: Softcore Jeep build

Threaded View

Softcore Jeep build

Just to clarify, I do not have intentions of turning this into juggy/crawler. From the get go I have wanted a capable rig that I could potentially drive everyday. I want something I can drive to the Rubicon and back with out a hitch. While keeping decent mileage and comfort.

If your counting, that makes 4 not running POS.

Honestly I don't have the time/money to do a motor swap. I have no idea where I am going with this. Best solution right now would for me to find a junkyard 2.5L. Other than that, my Dad is considering letting me use his old 2000 Expedition to DD for the time being while he considers buying himself a new DD. At the moment I have 600 bones in the Jeep account I was saving to buy Juniors HP30 at the end of the month.

Scenario 1:
    Find junk yard replacement 2.5L. and back to business as usual:
    • HP30 Front with 4.56s and an Aussie
    • High steer
    • Stock 4-link with Currie S/As
    • D44 rear with 4.56 and an ARB
    • Currie lowers, RK triangulated 4-link uppers.
    • Cage
    • Stay on 33"s for a while

Scenario 2:
    Now if by the grace of god I come into some money, or I keep the Expedition as a DD I would like to see L33/LH6 swap, SM465 if I went stick or 4L60-E if I stay auto.

231-300 doubler, 60/60. 3 link front, 4 link rear with 5" of stretch. Keep a functional tub/top for cross-country drives, and run 35"s.

We will see where it goes.
    Last edited by breckboarder55; 09-14-2010 at 11:14 AM.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL