Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Softcore Jeep build

Why are you so worried about buying a HP30?

I just don't see it being that much of an improvement for the cost and time involved. take colmans heep for example.

figure out an engine yet?

lowballing someone
    what does that mean, you mean the fact that ive traded or had laying around the parts to put in my 30 and all ive spent is 75 on a lockright that can easily be resold. yes i absoubtly wasted money on my 30.... so 75 for a locked cromod axle. yes i did so bad
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    what does that mean, you mean the fact that ive traded or had laying around the parts to put in my 30 and all ive spent is 75 on a lockright that can easily be resold. yes i absoubtly wasted money on my 30.... so 75 for a locked cromod axle. yes i did so bad
    it means you cant read to dumb jew. i was complementing your POS axle. I was questioning his need for a HP30.

lowballing someone
    i just reread it and it still doesn't look like a complement. maybe its just me.

tho since aparently it is thanks
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

It has high steer, a WJ brake conversion, a stronger R/P, More DS clearance, selectable hubs, etc. I could not replicate it for close to what he is asking.

Throw in some chrome-moly shafts, and an Aussie and it will keep 35"s all day.
    Since I won't be running 35"s anytime soon, it is more than adequate for my intended purposes.

I have a long-block with a 3 year 100k mile warranty, got a somewhat good deal, install included. Hopefully be done by the end of this week, although I am enjoying driving the expedition around...
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

So the Jeep is almost done, so they say.

For noob reference my Jeep is currently at and what it looks like:

99 TJ 170k miles and nothing special. Its my daily driver, and I enjoy more of the drive cross-country and camp/moderate-light heavy wheeling.

Drive-train:
    • 2.5L with 30RH
    • D30/D35 with 3.73s
    • stock NP231

Suspension:
    • OME HD 2.5" springs
    • home-made discos
    • RE cheap ass shocks
    • Currie JJ upper/lower control arms in the front.

Other Crap:
    • 1" BL, 1" MML
    • ZJ alternator
    • Home made rocker guards
    • Rokmen gas tank skid and steering box skid
    • Rustys engine skid
    • recovery points
    • a little body damage
    • 33"x12.50"x15" KM2s
    • lots of other insignificant things

By TCC I am hoping to have:

The rear axle/suspension:
    • TJ D44
    • Superior Chrome-moly shafts
    • rear disks
    • 4.56s
    • ARB locker
    • reinforced LCA brackets
    • relocated shock brackets

The axle will be trussed with a Rock-Krawler triangulated 4-link kit, to eliminate the rear track bar. The rear upper coil bucket will be re centered, and the shocks out boarded. This will add about 2" back to my wheel base and allow me to run proper sized shocks.

The front:
    • HPD30
    • WJ 15" brakes
    • high-steer
    • 4.56s
    • selectable hubs
    • chrome-moly shafts
    • Aussie Locker
    • Currie JJ bracket for UCA
    • Reinforced LCA mounts
    • extended brake lines

Also looking to add some much longer OME shocks. I'll probably be cutting up the front fenders pretty soon, hopefully followed by painting the hood/grill Green again.

What do you guys think about copying this guys cut?:

SHUT UP AND WHEEL

lowballing someone
    i vote leave more fender and highline

cut fenders look like ****. If you cut it don't bother painting the hood to match the rest of the jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03 View Post
    cut fenders look like ****. If you cut it don't bother painting the hood to match the rest of the jeep.
    I normally agree, but I thought these look great. My fenders look like ass right now anyways.(which I have replaced twice already) They bend so easy, and never bend back quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    i vote leave more fender and highline
    I don't have enough tire to need to, I don't have enough power for a bigger tire, or many for anything else involved with going larger than 35"s.

But yes, one day. Only I will go with a nice high-line tube fender. Aesthetically I really like this look, but will Green/black instead.

SHUT UP AND WHEEL

It is super easy to make tube fenders but you will want to keep something with a flare of some sort otherwise the tires will throw **** all over you
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    It is super easy to make tube fenders but you will want to keep something with a flare of some sort otherwise the tires will throw **** all over you
    Yeah... But I'm really not a fan of the flares on nearly all the tube fenders I have seen. Maybe I will hold off a while.
    Last edited by breckboarder55; 10-07-2010 at 11:07 AM.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
    Yeah... But I'm really not a fan of the flares are nearly all the tube fenders I have seen. Maybe I will hold off a while.
    I would, why do you want to chop them? Extra clearance? I bet you are pumped about those new gears... Makes a world of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.ZAP View Post
    I would, why do you want to chop them? Extra clearance? I bet you are pumped about those new gears... Makes a world of difference.
    Because they look like crap now anyways. Crooked, smashed, etc. The only time I really need more clearance right now is when I turn at full stuff, but it just contacts the flare which bends out of the way.

I am looking forward into getting new gears.

I like the idea of finding some Junkyard JK D44s instead of my HPD30/D44... But the HPD30/D44 fits the budget and I already have half of it.

After the axles/suspension I'll:

Suspension seats
    Cage
    NP241OR
    Savvy Aluminum "tummy-tuck"
    Savvy Aluminum stuby bumper/winch
    Either Savvy Aluminum or Rokmen rear bumper
    Make some Aluminum rocker-guards
    Aluminum corner guards
    tube fenders
    paint

years from now: LSX/SM465, 609/14bolt, COs, stretch, etc.
    Last edited by breckboarder55; 10-07-2010 at 11:19 AM.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Registered User NealtheDestroyr's Avatar
    Build idea sounds good man. I like the cut fenders and im planning on doing something similar with the dana 30/44 combo.
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

The Heep lives.

Slow as ever.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL