Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Softcore Jeep build

J&P transmission off hwy 21 East I know does autos, they set up the gears in my d-44. you might want to get a hold of JB, I know he had auto work done recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

John's has done well for me on three rebuilds. He also donated to TCC a few years ago.

what about autozone and craftsman. I wouldn't spend much money on a transmission that's on its way out...just change fluid/filter with trick shift and install the shift kit, you're out like $100. Dunno what a tranny shop would charge for that
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    J&P transmission off hwy 21 East I know does autos, they set up the gears in my d-44. you might want to get a hold of JB, I know he had auto work done recently.
    Cool, I just spoke with Russ (I think that was his name) at Baertrax, he is giving me a quote on ARB+R/P for my 44.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
    Cool, I just spoke with Russ (I think that was his name) at Baertrax, he is giving me a quote on ARB+R/P for my 44.
    Russ is no longer the owner, read here. . . http://lsjc.org/board/showthread.php?t=46462

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

BaerTrax, Inc. would like to make the following announcement: As of Wednesday, August 25, 2010, BaerTrax was purchased by Josh Bertschy from Russ and Christy Baer. Both Russ and Christy Baer will be staying on to help with transition, and introductions for customer and vendors as Josh assumes all responsibilities for the company.

In the past 10 years, Christy and Russ have given a good part of their life to the offroad community and have met many life long friends from the customers at the BaerTrax shop in addition to wheelers from all over the country.

Russ and Christy had been contemplating a new adventure this past year and our first consideration was choosing someone to whom we could pass the torch. We never listed the business for sale or even considered doing so, instead we first approached Josh Bertschy and his wife Amanda about the idea of buying BaerTrax as we wanted our customers and friends to be able to deal with a person of integrity and experience.

Josh and Amanda Bertschy are from Arkansas but also resided in Texas from 2002 to 2007. Josh is a graduate of Wyoming Tech with degrees in Automotive Technology and Business Management. He also completed the Chassis Fab and Hot Rod Fab classes at Wyoming Tech. His bio includes working for a reputable 4x4 shop. After graduation, Josh was a Mercedes Benz Technician, then a service department manager at Park Place Lexus and Huffines Jeep Chrysler Dodge, most recently being a Service Director at Mercedes Benz of Northwest Arkansas prior to his ownership of BaerTrax.

Rockcrawling has been a huge part of Josh’s life since he was 15 years old. Josh wheels a full tube chassis he built sporting a Jeep body. He is a Toyota guy at heart. His first rig was an FJ-40 and has always had a Landcruiser in the mix.

We feel confident about our choice to carry on the BaerTrax name and grow the business past its current capacity in a way we will be proud of.. We did not only choose Josh for his customer service and technical ability but also for his business sense and his fabrication abilities. Our dream and vision to take BaerTrax to the next level will be confidently handled by this fine individual.

We are still here for you. Please know also this is a good thing for BaerTrax and its customers in the four wheel community and for us. Please know we are not abandoning Baertrax or our customers. Please support Josh in this new endeavor as he grows the business to its next level.
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

OK, that makes since because I read Russ but heard Josh.

He seemed really nice, warranty all of his work and parts if I go through him. Says he goes to Clayton every 2-3 weeks.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    John's in bryan or oliver brothers both do good work. John's is a little cheaper but u work on his time
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

John Brown has a transmission guy that I will most likely try the next time I need work on one. Oliver is good but expensive, seems like their answer to everything is "needs to be rebuilt".
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    John Brown has a transmission guy that I will most likely try the next time I need work on one. Oliver is good but expensive, seems like their answer to everything is "needs to be rebuilt".
    larry bird?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    John's in bryan or oliver brothers both do good work. John's is a little cheaper but u work on his time
    I gave John a call. When I realized it is about an 1/8th of a mile from my office I dropped it off and walked back. Yeah, I work in the ghetto .
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

lowballing someone
    you wanted 4.56 gears right. i sold corey a set that he isn't going to use. there in montgomery and i'm gonna be there friday morning. i could pick them up for you.
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

I wouldn't buy used gears if a shop was doing the install.

lowballing someone
    these gears were never run. setup then i parted the axle
    Last edited by colman; 09-14-2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: never even had oil in it. still has marking compound on it
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

ill be your pickup man
    Transmission Specialties at Deacon/Texas
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    you wanted 4.56 gears right. i sold corey a set that he isn't going to use. there in montgomery and i'm gonna be there friday morning. i could pick them up for you.
    Hey?
    BDR