Thread: Friend wants CUCV/Blazer

Registered User NealtheDestroyr's Avatar

Friend wants CUCV/Blazer

Good friend of mine is looking for a CUCV M1009 blazer in good condition. Wants to spend around 5-6k. Ive been googling all day but to no avail. Lemme know what yall hear.
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07 View Post
    Hes tried that but didnt like it because u cant inspect the truck before you buy it.
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

i do not know the website but there was a place in austin that specialized in selling these, and i would bet you could inspect them there before making an offer

buy 6.2L blazer for $1500

buy a locked 60/14 for 2k

i never understand why a CUCV cost so damn much, when it is easily duplicated for half the price.

the cucv blazers have 10 bolts front and rear, so the only difference between a 6.2 blazer and a cucv blazer is the military package

Quote Originally Posted by bcolman View Post
    the cucv blazers have 10 bolts front and rear, so the only difference between a 6.2 blazer and a cucv blazer is the military package
    well ****, i see absolutely no reason to buy a base model blazer with some placards for 3x as much then.

i thought there was a difference between 1008/1009 or something to that extent, if it had 60/14 or not. im still learning on GM's though.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    less than base model at that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

The CUCV Blazers dont go for nearly as much as the trucks since their axles suck. For that kind of money you can damn near get a brand new one Buying a whole vehicle straight from govliquidation is a PITA because you have to get an end use certificate, which is a piece of paper verifying you arent a terrorist. Texas4x4 would be a good place to start in the search. Steel soldiers might be able to turn something up too.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Thanks guys ill tell him about steel soldiers and tx4wd

http://www.vintagemilitarytrucks.com...lazer_Page.htm

This might help ya judge prices and condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

True Hollywood Stry
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    he says later "bump with bottom dollar of 2250" and then asks for offers see if he will take $1800.
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

My buddy is looking for one in really good condition(long shot) but that seems like a good deal for 1800