Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend Mechanic 10/9-10th

Weekend Mechanic 10/9-10th

So I've got an Aussie locker that wants to be part of the Halloween trip in my Dana 30. Who wants to help install it? I also have some tow hooks and may get some shackles for proper recovery points- that need to be installed. Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by crdub09 View Post
    So I've got an Aussie locker that wants to be part of the Halloween trip in my Dana 30. Who wants to help install it? I also have some tow hooks and may get some shackles for proper recovery points- that need to be installed. Any takers?
    Do you know what your doing or are you looking to learn? That can be a fair amount of work so offering adult refreshments might net some more help. Post up your rig in the project forum to let people get an idea of what you are working with.

Also come to the meeting this Wednesday, I might be able to open my shop up for a day and demonstrate proper recover points and or offer some ideas.
    Last edited by BroncoJo; 10-04-2010 at 06:05 PM.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    I might be able to open my shop up for a day and demonstrate proper recover points and or offer some ideas.
    Its a trap. He's gonna make you kill thousands of black widows with a pancake spatula before you can work on anything.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Its a trap. He's gonna make you kill thousands of black widows with a pancake spatula before you can work on anything.

Damn you for spoiling my plot :BlackAngryFire:
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

I've never cracked the seal on a differential housing but I have seen it done, that being said, I'm really looking to learn and make sure it's done right. Of course I will be offering refreshments to those willing to help out! Ill also bring a can of raid.

Aussies are pretty much drop in, shouldn't be too hard.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by crdub09 View Post
    I've never cracked the seal on a differential housing but I have seen it done, that being said, I'm really looking to learn and make sure it's done right. Of course I will be offering refreshments to those willing to help out! Ill also bring a can of raid.
    Good Noob!!!!

installing an Aussie in a dana 30 is not to tough however you do have to remove the ring gear from the carrier to install the locker.

You just need to make sure that you make the ring gear in relation to the carrier and install it in the same position.

you will need to get a roll pin punch to remove the roll pin that hold the center pin in place it is only a couple of bucks at Harbor freight.

other than that the only special tools you will need are a torque wrench, rubber malet or dead blow, and some red locktite for the ring gear bolts (they will back out if you don't put red locktite on them)

If you need anything else just let me know I have a full factory service manual for the TJ
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    If you need anything else just let me know I have a full factory service manual for the TJ
    You should go ahead and get one of these as well. I'll bring mine this weekend for now.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
    Aussies are pretty much drop in, shouldn't be too hard.
    I forgot Aussies were drop-ins. So are you offering to help?
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    I forgot Aussies were drop-ins. So are you offering to help?
    Yeah, I'll come out and help. Actually might be doing some work on my Heep if I'm lucky.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

ill be your pickup man
    I have plenty of space and tools, but never installed a locker. Yall let me know. Ill be out there this weekend.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
    Yeah, I'll come out and help. Actually might be doing some work on my Heep if I'm lucky.
    Right on. I have almost zero jeep experience but have set quite a few gears. Also my welding machine and plasma are currently loaned out.

I also have plenty of space just as long as you are not scared of the spiders
    Born to Kill

Be careful with those stupid little springs. They like to fly towards the most cluttered corner of the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03 View Post
    Be careful with those stupid little springs. They like to fly towards the most cluttered corner of the garage.
    bearing grease keeps the spring from flying so far
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?