Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Mechanic 10/9-10th

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    you can find used car tires for $25 anywhere in town. I'd buy 3 or 4 of them just in case. buying trailer tires for a trailer is just absurd!
    The cheapest I could find new trailer tires in CS, was bryan tire or whatever the name of that place is on texas N on the right hand side (everyone goes their, you know where I am talking about). They were $75 for 225x70x16 IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    I'll play nice.

Lockers are axle specific. I highly doubt that your toyota came with a reverse rotation dana 30 axle up front, like in later jeeps. You would need a locker for your specific axle based off make/model.
    Yea I knew that, dunno what I was thinking. Guess I got a little excited there... I still might like to watch/help out if I'm not doing anything else this weekend. I'll be doing one eventually but will probably wait until I find a good deal, like on a forum

dont use used 'car' tires, they dont have the load rating for a trailer, but i dont see any reason not to use a used truck tire if a true trailer tire is out of the question money wise

like tyler said make sure to carry a spare, and you might be able to find some tires on craigslist cheap

Quote Originally Posted by 96beast View Post
    Yea I knew that, dunno what I was thinking. Guess I got a little excited there... I still might like to watch/help out if I'm not doing anything else this weekend. I'll be doing one eventually but will probably wait until I find a good deal, like on a forum
    build thread now! between eric and I (while we are still on), along with faggie, we can help you with whatever you need.

Quote Originally Posted by bcolman View Post
    dont use used 'car' tires, they dont have the load rating for a trailer, but i dont see any reason not to use a used truck tire if a true trailer tire is out of the question money wise

like tyler said make sure to carry a spare, and you might be able to find some tires on craigslist cheap
    gonna be hard to find a truck tire in the 205-225 variety suit for his use. any meskin shop will get you 4 new trailer tires for $300 cash out the door.

lowballing someone
    afaik any dana 30 lunchbox locker will work in any d30 cause they are all the same spline count despite hp or lp
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    afaik any dana 30 lunchbox locker will work in any d30 cause they are all the same spline count despite hp or lp
    good point, replacement of the spiders doesn't matter because the carrier is the same, again, good point
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

If we are doing this at Travis's house, and anyone wants to come help me out with my fourwheel drive on buckwheat, that would be great
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

lowballing someone
    do you know whats wrong with it. how is your thermo coupler or whatever they call it
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

do you know whats wrong with it. how is your thermo coupler or whatever they call it

This is why i need help
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    i also have one for sale if anyone else needs one
    I guess I'm on your ignore, because I definitely posted in that thread a while back asking about it.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

lowballing someone
    another place to get trailer tires is the trash pile at tire places. u don't need alot of tread on a trailer tire. just for it to have the highest load rating you can get your hands on and no dry rot. tires that are no longer good for a car can work on a trailer......

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    another place to get trailer tires is the trash pile at tire places. u don't need alot of tread on a trailer tire. just for it to have the highest load rating you can get your hands on and no dry rot. tires that are no longer good for a car can work on a trailer......
    With all due respect, and I do mean, WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, that is the dumbest post on the internet at this time. Just look it up on that alexis site or whatever. It has a dumb index of like one brazillion....

DON'T cheap out on trailer tires unless you are stuck trying to get home from a trip. Trying to save a few bucks on a tire might cost you ten fold that when it blows out. Especially if you are towing someone else's rig.

Hankook F19's are good tires, don't know that they have them in a 15 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    With all due respect, and I do mean, WITH ALL DUE RESPECT
    And even that's not much...
    BDR

Quote Originally Posted by 96beast View Post
    let me help you out here...

http://forum.ih8mud.com/tx-lone-star-land-cruisers/

http://forum.ih8mud.com/tx-alamo-city-land-cruisers/

http://forum.ih8mud.com/tx-lone-star...ustin-chapter/

http://forum.ih8mud.com/tx-panhandle-cruisers/

http://www.tlcc-houston.org/

http://www.t4x4t.org/

http://toyotatrailriders.com/forum/

http://forum.ih8mud.com/

Keep an eye out for 80 Series parts on all of these club websites. They are all Texas based clubs that are either Toyota 4x4 enthusiasts or straight up Land Cruiser clubs. Most folks have 80 Series cruisers for family hauling duty so parts are plentiful. The final link is to IH8MUD the numero uno source for all Land Cruiser stuff (but I am sure you already knew that ) Their classified section is extensive and plentiful. Someone will be selling something somewhere.

Also to install any thing in your 80 series Diff (it is a 9.5" Chunk) you will have to drop the actual diff out of the axle not just pull the cover on the back side. In my opinion it is actually easier than the jeep and one-ton boys but to each their own.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mudtoy67 View Post
    And even that's not much...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.