Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Mechanic 10/9-10th

He can put the other two on his trailer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cj nut View Post
    so buckweat is still only 2x4? well at least he would only have to have 2 mud tires for alto......
    I would still go, The klogger blew a rear pinion last year and I drove the entire weekend with the TTB and never got stuck (granted I took it easy). The thing is, when one traction beam had problems, the other twin beam kicked in!
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    I would still go, The klogger blew a rear pinion last year and I drove the entire weekend with the TTB and never got stuck (granted I took it easy). The thing is, when one traction beam had problems, the other twin beam kicked in!
    I can't wait until I can take my own **** ttb picture
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Hey kids, I need some help cutting small pieces of about 1/4" thick steel and drilling a 1/2" bolt hole thru the pieces. Im making spacers for my recovery hooks up front, can anyone help? Hopefully sometime tuesday

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    do you have the plate? give me an accurate sketch and ill take care of it
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Yea, ill open up my solidworks from engr 112 and get some sketches drawn during class. I got a flat steel bar from home depot that I figure if I cut it in half and stack it, then punch a hole thru, itll be the approx height I need to fit my tow hooks over the rubber push pad on the stock bumper.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    just post the drawing, i think you are over thinking this
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Hah I know, but I needed something to do during polisci. Here is what I want to do, all the measurments in inches. I can give you the actual tow hook to measurments too. I need 4 in total but 6 would be perfect. Also, the ends dont necessarily need to be rounded but that'd be cool if they were flush with the hooks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just for future reference, steel is MUCH cheaper at Custom Fabricators or Mac Bolt and Steel and they will have a much better variety to choose from so you dont have to stack thinner pieces.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by crdub09 View Post
    Hah I know, but I needed something to do during polisci. Here is what I want to do, all the measurments in inches. I can give you the actual tow hook to measurments too. I need 4 in total but 6 would be perfect. Also, the ends dont necessarily need to be rounded but that'd be cool if they were flush with the hooks.

thats an odd thickness. Figure out what the dimensions really need to be, export the 2d profile to a .dwg and call Cody at Hughes fab in Navasota to get it cnc cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Just for future reference, steel is MUCH cheaper at Custom Fabricators or Mac Bolt and Steel and they will have a much better variety to choose from so you dont have to stack thinner pieces.
    Well I got this bar for about $4 so it wasn't too bad, but they only had one type of depth.

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03 View Post
    thats an odd thickness. Figure out what the dimensions really need to be, export the 2d profile to a .dwg and call Cody at Hughes fab in Navasota to get it cnc cut.
    How quickly could he have this machined? I can get the actual height in a couple hours but everything else is pretty much exact to 2-3 decimal places. What's his number?

you'll have to ask him how long it would take, depends how busy they are with real work. He was quick when I had him do my bumper stuff. He was in the club, tell him what you're doing and what software you are using. I think he might have solidworks by now, if not you'll have to export to dwg and make sure there are no splines. CAM software doesn't like those.

http://navasota.shopbrazos.com/TX/ma...g--94G1658955/

Its a CNC plasma, so you'll have to pick an off the shelf material thickness and it will have to be something he has in stock. Stick with multiples of 1/16" and oversize the holes 1/16" to account for misalignment and measuring accuracy.

You're making this way too hard. You need some sort of cutting device, a unibit, and about an hour. I assume you're using 1/2" bolts, make the holes 9/16".

I've had tow hooks on the front of my jeep for many years. Much easier to attach a strap without the stupid shackle everyone else has to have.

Can someone let me use their drill press tomorrow afternoon if possible? I'm just going to drill these holes myself and not worry about it being pretty because I'm making/getting a new front bumper in a few months. I have the drill bit too. Please text or call me 281 seven eight seven 0847 . Ive posted my number all over this forum....

Quote Originally Posted by crdub09 View Post
    Can someone let me use their drill press tomorrow afternoon if possible? I'm just going to drill these holes myself and not worry about it being pretty because I'm making/getting a new front bumper in a few months. I have the drill bit too. Please text or call me 281 seven eight seven 0847 . Ive posted my number all over this forum....
    buy a HF corded drill and do it youself? If I had one I would let you borrow it.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!