Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Tires

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    drop coin.....get BFG KM/2s
    For the money, I think their the best tire out there honestly. I priced some all terrains at the same price for 35x12.5x17 ***

I'll be getting some new ones sometime in the near future and I'm looking at either KM2s or Yokohama Geolandar M/Ts. I have heard that the new M/TRs have poor tread life as compared to the KM2s so they are out of the running. The Geo isn't a widely run tire but I have heard nothing but good stuff about it.

FWIW:

BFG A/Ts:
    31"x10.50"x15"s
    I'm not exactly sure how many miles I got out of them, as they were on the rig when I purchased it, but my guess-timation is about 75k (Worn completely baled)? Very quiet, and they kept balance well. They were pretty useless in remotely muddy situations in comparison with my other tires, but they impressed me for what they were. In the small amount of rocks I ever attempted with them, they had some side-wall flex, nothing crazy. I don't think the sidewalls were the strongest, since I managed to puncture one of them fairly easy. They are a great tire for the DD that gets the occasional off road trip.

Cooper STTs:
    33"x12.50"x15"
    I got about 60k out of my Cooper STT's. They were a huge upgrade as far as off-road capability from my previous BFG A/Ts. They self clean well, have nice aggressive side blocks. The side wall was a little stiff for my liking, but it still flexed. I imagine on a heavier rig this would not be an issue. When I wore them out and priced a new set, they seem to be much more expensive nowadays. If I went much more than 5k with out balancing/rotating them, I would start to feel wobbles. The blocks come with a small amount of siping, and do well in the wet.

BFG KM2s:
    33"x12.50"x15"
    So far, I only have about 5k out of them. I haven't seriously wheeled with them yet, but I aired them down to 8 psi and climbed around on some logs/rocks in the little ravine on the property I was living at last year. The side wall flex is exactly what I am looking for, I expect these to preform much better in the rocks than any of my previous tires. I have taken them in some mud, and they cleaned out well and performed just as good, if not better than my Coopers did. They have largely spaced aggressive tread blocks that continue into the sidewall. They seem to be louder than my Coopers were at this mileage, but so far seem to stay in balance better.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Chinese tires smell funny.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Chinese tires smell funny.
    like lead paint and tears from child workers?
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL