Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Cruiser Build

Quote Originally Posted by 96beast View Post
    This is what I was just going to say. I really like the idea of investing in that equipment but I don't have a garage or work place or even room at my place to store that kind of stuff. I'm also a senior and will be relocating after I graduate this May so I'd like to keep the amount of stuff I move to a minimum before I settle in somewhere else.
    For now I would say get a hold of the materials you'll need, and I am sure that someone (At Dexter, or Travis, Colmans, Etc.). Will be willing to help you out sometime.
    Last edited by breckboarder55; 11-11-2010 at 04:36 PM.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

lowballing someone
    I would offer my help but i live in houston now and brian is in an appt. so I'm more available for making fun of designs and saying that won't work
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

I could probably help after the winter break
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

If you plan on wheeling at Clayton, you should really try and get the sliders done. (or buy some)
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Registered
    Where is a good/cheap place to buy steel around here? I just saw a commercial for mack's bolt and steel... Any good?

True Hollywood Stry
    Mack bolt and steel is good I would go with them.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Tommy/Courtney, go see if you can get a club discount set up w/ Mack and see if they what DOM they have in/can stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Mack Bolt and Steel is pretty good, they are off of highway 21, east of 6.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

do you have a design yet?

ill be your pickup man
    Custom Fab on 2818 past the Hall
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    Tommy/Courtney, go see if you can get a club discount set up w/ Mack and see if they what DOM they have in/can stock.
    Doubtful this will happen. Have you ever heard the John Cox story regarding Mack Bolt?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Custom Fab on 2818 past the Hall
    I'm with JB. F*ck Mack. Custom Fab will cut and sell any size that you want, where Mack will insist on a stick or buying a section of whatever they have left. Also I went to Custom Fab needing about 18x18" of 3/16" and they just gave it to me from out of there drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    seacrest, you are my hero!

Registered
    Right now I'm thinking I'm going to buy this "generic" kit with their 80 series frame brackets and then just fab up my own outriggers to the frame: http://4xinnovations.com/p-RS08.html should be about 2-300 bucks shipped to my door. i also just remembered another reason manufactured sliders would be a waste of money is I replaced my stock dual cats with a single magnaflow cat, so the cat protection that comes with most manufactured sliders would get in the way.

Another tech question: do you guys think all 1/8" DOM tube will be enough to hold up my rig on the rocks or should I go with something thicker under the rockers (like 3/16" thickwall tube)?

use rectangular for the outriggers, not round, and 1/8" might be enough. Depends how many you have. Dropping a vehicle on a rock is not the same as lifting it with a forklift.

For the round, DOM isn't necessary. save your money and buy the cheaper tube.

Bring it by sometime during the week and I'll look at it and give you my amateur opinion. Not Tuesdays though, thats trivia night.
    Last edited by robertf03; 11-14-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    I'm with JB. F*ck Mack. Custom Fab will cut and sell any size that you want, where Mack will insist on a stick or buying a section of whatever they have left. Also I went to Custom Fab needing about 18x18" of 3/16" and they just gave it to me from out of there drop.
    ya and custom fab is twice the price. Mac is the best place to go when you need more then a foot of anything and have always cut me whatever i have needed, just dont go in there acting like a hardass or a knowitall and you wont have and issue. Usually if you go in there and bull**** with Jake (the guy with the baird) about trucks and jeeps he will cut you a pretty good deal. As for DOM they usually wont make an order, due to their cost being high and people bailing on the order, they do however usually have a small stock of HREW at a very reasonable price.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901