Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tires

Registered

Tires

Howdy... lookin to see if anyone has experience with the Interco Thornbird or SSR tires on a daily driver. I'm tryin to look ahead simply because I don't really know what I want. Any input or other suggestions are appreciated.

If you get Thornturds you cant hang out with us anymore

SSR's would okay on a DD. I had 36" TSL radials on my DD for a couple years and besides being noisy and not stopping on wet roads very well, they were great.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    I live and die by the BFG All-Terrain, but I agree with Sharpe, don't get Thornbirds.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

I'm also against thornbirds
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    i compare thornbirds to whale wars, its awesome to watch a complete fail.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

ill be your pickup man
    because of their street manners and they're supposed to be pretty decent offroad.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    I live and die by the BFG All-Terrain, but I agree with Sharpe, don't get Thornbirds.
    KOs??? I know they're a good tire for a daily driver because of their street manners and they're supposed to be pretty decent off road but why's that your first choice just out of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Howdy... lookin to see if anyone has experience with the Interco Thornbird or SSR tires on a daily driver. I'm tryin to look ahead simply because I don't really know what I want. Any input or other suggestions are appreciated.
    Everyone in this club hates thornbirds, they are cheap for a reason. I have heard nothing but good stuff about the SSRs though, supposed to be a good DD tire, although they seem like they would wear relatively quickly. Check out offroaders.com, they have some good tire reviews on there. Also, ask Matt (nealthedestroyer) he's running SSRs on his wrangler. The first thing you need to do is find out what you need or want out of a tire. It makes things a lot easier when you start looking around.
    Last edited by MR.ZAP; 10-07-2010 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    because of their street manners and they're supposed to be pretty decent offroad.
    Yes but pretty decent doesn't cut it haha

If you have thornbirds you will be forever know as the thornbirds guy

Thornbirds guy FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

True Hollywood Stry
    Check out the super swamper irok Radial. I have 37's on a bronco, I do not drive it everyday, but I have been super happy with them. They are the quietest smoothest riding swamper I have ever had, or ridden in. I've got about 1500-2000 miles on them and they still look like new.

What vehicle are you wanting to put them on? If you put alot of miles on it I would go with a bfg at or mt.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Check out the super swamper irok Radial. I have 37's on a bronco, I do not drive it everyday, but I have been super happy with them. They are the quietest smoothest riding swamper I have ever had, or ridden in. I've got about 1500-2000 miles on them and they still look like new.

What vehicle are you wanting to put them on? If you put alot of miles on it I would go with a bfg at or mt.
    2nd this, as well as the ssr, but for an all-terrain tires u cant beat the bfg
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

This really surprises me, i thought that iroks wore like butter on the street? You learn somethin new every day haha

True Hollywood Stry
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.ZAP View Post
    This really surprises me, i thought that iroks wore like butter on the street? You learn somethin new every day haha
    The bias ply iroks are alot softer than the radials.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

The bias ply iroks are alot softer than the radials.
    Got ya, i was just about to ask that.

Registered
    I'll be puttin 'em on my '97 Chevy K2500 truck. It's not a really heavy truck considerin it has the 350 vortec. I do a lot of highway driving, but am willing to sacrifice a little tread life for a decent look.