Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas A&M Tailgate Vehicle

Texas A&M Tailgate Vehicle

For a couple of years I have been tossing around the idea of getting a tailgating vehicle to go with me to all the Aggie Football games. Between Aggie Football, Dallas Cowboys, and Texas Rangers we go to quite a few sporting events. I liked the idea of getting a bus, but could never really find the one that I wanted. There are also quite a few buses already around the Tailgate scene in Aggieland. I thought about a duece and a half but wasn't really feeling it.

Well I kinda stumbled on this truck, it was in between work and home and I liked it. The wife and I got to talking about it and decided to call the guy about it. Well I went and picked it up today and I am not real sure on what I plan to do as far as build up goes but I will have it down in CS for the Nebraska game. I know there is already at least one Aggie Fire Truck so it isnt completely original but I think it will be original enough.

Besides putting beer where the water used to be, how functional will this thing be as a tailgating vehicle? A head turner for sure, but where do you put all the tailgating crap?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

There is plenty of functionality, but yes it was mainly bought as a head turner. The storage compartments on either side provide ample room for my generator, fridge, TV, and satellite dish. The Hose storage up top provides room for coolers, chairs, tables and pop ups, and that is without removing the 750 gallon water tank under the bed.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    if you dont have a bar at your tailgate, youre a chump!!!
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

how does it run?... not really the best looking fire truck in my opinion but I kinda get why you got it. Hope you didn't pay too much more than it is worth in scrap. Looks heavy too. How much does it weigh?
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

12,000 pounds. How much is scrap steel?

It has a Detroit Diesel, Allison Transmission, and Air Brakes. 31K miles and everything runs like a top. All Sirens, lights, and PA System is completely functional, just got taken out of service about 6 months ago. 750 Gallon Water Tank, Deck Gun, Pump, Dual Battery System, shore power battery maintainer system, fired everything up and it is all functioning perfect (water and pump), along with Hand throttle on the outside for the engine. It actually drives great, runs great, starts up without a hitch.

I like it, and it will be perfect for what my plan is, and yes Clarke it will have a full bar

lowballing someone
    wait for it..... wet bar.....?
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

since it has air brakes do you need a commercial drivers license with air brake endorsement?

Quote Originally Posted by bcolman View Post
    since it has air brakes do you need a commercial drivers license with air brake endorsement?
    This was one of my first thoughts as well. I wouldn't think it could be registered as an RV so this seems like a valid point. Still seems like a cool idea, and if you can rig the hose to do something unique it could be fun. Either way, I guess we'll see it at the game in a couple of weeks.

Fun times, this made me very happy...

At least fire trucks hold their value.
    BDR

No clue don't care

17 months and 4 days.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    You should be able to register it as an RV hauler instead of a full RV and get away w/out the air brake endorsement. You will need to get a cover for the lightbar for the highway use I believe.

You will need at least one axe handle mounted on each side too. Would be cool to get two for every game and burn BTHO (whoever) on them and then put them up on a wall w/ the score and date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.