About a month ago, I was taking the truck for a drive when the rear driveshaft just fell out. I took a left turn out of a parking lot and when I hit the gas, there was a big clunk, and sure enough the rear driveshaft was laying in the street. Fortunately, front wheel drive got me home, but I am stumped as to WHY the driveshaft decided to give way.

So I crawled up under the truck and looked at the transfer case. It seems to be leaking fluid pretty badly from the rear output yoke, and the driveshaft itself was covered in what seemed like gear fluid. FWIW, there was fluid thrown all over the rear axle of the truck as well. (probably transfer case fluid that ran down the length of the driveshaft?)

The CV centering yoke in the driveshaft was slightly bent and had snapped the bolts that hold the centering yoke to the transfer case yoke. Before I actually go about replacing parts, I'd like to get a little "professional diagnosis." The driveshaft is practically brand new (bought it from JBG in July) so I doubt anything with the driveshaft is the culprit.

Keeping in mind, I did just lift the truck a few inches higher, I want to make sure this didn't come about from a bad lift job.

Any input is greatly appreciated