Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 47 Run This Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by MR.ZAP View Post
    Haha that sounds bad ass! Is that park still open? How far away is it?
    I don't think it is open any longer and it was a LONG haul from what I have heard. TAMOR has it much easier now with 47 being so close, it definitely goes better with college lifestyle. Even though 3:30 does seem a little late to meet up to wheel.

Who's black JK with the black wheels is that?
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07 View Post
    I don't think it is open any longer and it was a LONG haul from what I have heard. TAMOR has it much easier now with 47 being so close, it definitely goes better with college lifestyle. Even though 3:30 does seem a little late to meet up to wheel.
    There was TORCS racing until four. We wheeled til it was dark. Would have loved to gotten out there earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    One is Kyle, and the other is Noah's friend. He said he wants to join but I don't think he has yet. For the life of me, i cannot remember his name.
    Last edited by MR.ZAP; 02-28-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Looks like a good run.
    BDR

Quote Originally Posted by mudtoy67 View Post
    Looks like a good run.
    We had a good time. Not as good as canyons, i bet!

We had a good time. Not as good as canyons, i bet!
    It does look like ya'll had a good run and a good turn out!

I think the crowd that ya'll had out there would be PERFECT for Canyons, lots of creek beds and trail riding for the 33" crowd that would be challenge and a blast without a huge risk of body damage or breaking if you didn't want to. Ya'll should plan a trip out there maybe for the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07 View Post
    It does look like ya'll had a good run and a good turn out!

I think the crowd that ya'll had out there would be PERFECT for Canyons, lots of creek beds and trail riding for the 33" crowd that would be challenge and a blast without a huge risk of body damage or breaking if you didn't want to. Ya'll should plan a trip out there maybe for the fall.
    Yeah one of my plans over the summer is to confer with the other officers and get some runs to various parks together with dates set ahead of time. It's great to be able to say hey, let's go wheel this weekend, but by the same token it's nice to be able to plan around a run rather than the other way around. I think runs to 47, Alto, Canyons, Katemcy, and maybe Bridgeport would be cool. And maybe even something really new like Hot Springs, Arkansas or some of the other places in West Texas.

ill be your pickup man
    There were some old timers at Canyons that went on and on about how fun Superlift Park in Hot Springs is. I would really like to go.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Registered

Trail Damage

Agree with the others, 47 is a cool place. Unfortunately, I got a little too confident with that huge hill in my stock cruiser. Made it up to the very top where it got even steeper and lost traction, most likely due to my crappy tires. Reversed back down and didn't readjust myself well enough for my lack of approach angle in the rear (aka big a$$). Ended up tearing off a rear mudflap, which jacked up my rear fender flare, and bending up my exhaust. Wanted to keep wheeling, but the rear half my exhaust/resonator was dragging in the dirt and didn't want to **** it up anymore. I also got a CEL from the bent exhaust kinking the flow. Limped it home and cut it off before the kink. I'm going to see if I can't bend it back and then just have a random shop weld it back together. I'm going to trim the rear flaps so hopefully they won't get ripped off be me running over them again.

Overall fun place, I'd like to go back, and it being so close is a huge plus. I also definitely need to start modding my rig, not being able to hang with JK's is just sad

Pics:

Quote Originally Posted by 96beast View Post
    I also definitely need to start modding my rig, not being able to hang with JK's is just sad
    At the end of the day, nobody could hang with the JK's!!!

I'm going to trim the rear flaps so hopefully they won't get ripped off be me running over them again.
    I'd just take them completely off if I were you. In the long run, mud flaps are more trouble than they're worth. All they do is get hung up on crap.
    I may not be able to run with the big dogs, but I can limp with the pack.

Registered
    At the end of the day, nobody could hang with the JK's!!!
    I'll admit, I'm jealous of your guys' wheel base and stance. Me taking that land cruiser on those trails is like driving a bus in the bike lane. Too narrow!

I'll admit, I'm jealous of your guys' wheel base and stance. Me taking that land cruiser on those trails is like driving a bus in the bike lane. Too narrow!
    Little more clearance and you'd be golden! And some more off-road oriented tires.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    Thats my roommate Caleb. Hes intending to join as Zach said.