Thread: Student Worker

Student Worker

I'm busy as crap with school now and don't have much time to work anymore.

What the job entails: Machining (lathe, mill, wire EDM, general shop crap), sometimes there is welding, fabrication, and making "scientific" instruments/test rigs.

You don't have to know how to do any of this, but must have decent mechanical ability. Pay is starting at $8 an hour, possibly more with experience. We need someone that can work at ~10 hours a week potentially more. Hopefully the person can work at least a year.

It's a pretty decent place to work. You have to deal with grad students, but it's a laid back atmosphere.

Contact me if interested.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

doug - i will pass this along to michael murphey's little brother. sounds like it would be good for him.

good to see you are still alive!
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Registered User NealtheDestroyr's Avatar
    Is this in BCS?
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by NealtheDestroyr View Post
    Is this in BCS?
    at A&M
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Is this the same shop you worked at like 7-8 years ago? Pretty cool equipment in there...
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs View Post
    We need someone that can work at ~10 hours a week potentially more. Hopefully the person can work at least a year.
    What is a hypothetical set of hours? And is that school year or calendar year?

Registered User NealtheDestroyr's Avatar
    damn, if i wasnt already at HMC id be applying. Sounds like fun
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

Hours when someone is there right now is 8-12 in the morning. Meaning that is when you have to work when use anything that can rip your arm off. Wire EDM work can pretty much be done at any time once you are trained.

I should mention that alot of the grad students are foreign. You have to deal with language barriers and that they think they know more than you. They can also be pushy, etc... You cannot respond like a complete ass, only a partial ass.

Keep the resumes coming
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Hours when someone is there right now is 8-12 in the morning. Meaning that is when you have to work when use anything that can rip your arm off. Wire EDM work can pretty much be done at any time once you are trained.

I should mention that alot of the grad students are foreign. You have to deal with language barriers and that they think they know more than you. They can also be pushy, etc... You cannot respond like a complete ass, only a partial ass.

Keep the resumes coming
    Sounds like an awesome job but all of my classes are during those times...

Keep the resumes coming
    Little Murphey just started a research assistant gig, but we forwarded it to him anyway, he needs some hands on work.

and ruixian is a down ass china man!
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller