Thread: General Sam's Saturday

ill be your pickup man

General Sam's Saturday

I am going to Gen Sam's on Saturday. Wheeling the Honda next to a buddy of mines new JK on 35s. He, nor the JK, have ever seen dirt. Should be interesting. Come out. ITs 50ish miles from CS. Don't be a puss and get your rig ready for TCC.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I am going to Gen Sam's on Saturday. Wheeling the Honda next to a buddy of mines new JK on 35s. He, nor the JK, have ever seen dirt. Should be interesting. Come out. ITs 50ish miles from CS. Don't be a puss and get your rig ready for TCC.
    Damn it JB, going to the Rodeo on Saturday, otherwise I would be down.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

ill be your pickup man
    I had a great time. The place was a mess from Muddy Gras. Trash everywhere that they were working on getting cleaned up.

We met some other Aggies from CS out there in another JK and we just drove aorund and let them drive pretty easy obstacles. I ended up breaking a lower ball joing on the Honda, but was able to get it back to the truck. Been saying for awhile that I need to replace the balljoints and TRE on it, so I guess I get too now.

It was fun watching two almost complete newbs wheel two identical JKs on 35s.

The park was 45 min from my house. Not bad at all. I did not realize it was only 15 miles south of Madisonville. Probaby 30 ATVs, 10 rigs out there total on what looked like a slow Saturday for them.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Chief
    I've been wanting to go out here and wheel since I heard some other people talk about this place. Is it mostly mud? hills? rocks?

They have a huge map

It would be perfect to have an end of spring break trip/tcc shakedown
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I had a great time. The place was a mess from Muddy Gras. Trash everywhere that they were working on getting cleaned up.

We met some other Aggies from CS out there in another JK and we just drove aorund and let them drive pretty easy obstacles. I ended up breaking a lower ball joing on the Honda, but was able to get it back to the truck. Been saying for awhile that I need to replace the balljoints and TRE on it, so I guess I get too now.

It was fun watching two almost complete newbs wheel two identical JKs on 35s.

The park was 45 min from my house. Not bad at all. I did not realize it was only 15 miles south of Madisonville. Probaby 30 ATVs, 10 rigs out there total on what looked like a slow Saturday for them.
    Thought it was all mud?

ill be your pickup man
    It is alot of mud. There are some trails with a few hill climbs. Like Soggy Bottom, it is much more fun on a fourwheeler, but it was perfect for teaching a guy that has never wheeled before. He was getting to the top of some pretty easy climbs with a big ****eating grin on his face, so hopefully he will stick with it.

Testing to see if I can link to his facebook pics.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/a...closeTheater=1
    Last edited by JB; 03-13-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

I went to Mud Buddy's today by Halletsville. Decent place for a day. We didn't ride a long day and went over most stuff a couple times. ATVs only.