Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2011 Colorado trip

ill be your pickup man
    Pics of his XJ are on Tincup. He is a sorta a novice driver that is learning as he builds it up. Last year we had to explain lockers to him, and this year he had a ARB in the front 30. I could have walked that Jeep up unlocked, but he was learning. Not really a difficult trail. I attempted coming down it in my F150 a few years back though and that was a bad idea, if you remember the pics.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    Our campsite in Wyoming was across the hwy from Grand Teton on State land. While driving around back in there looking for a campsite (actually while we were changing the tire on teh XJ) some hunters rolled up and said there were plenty of bears in the area but that they were up there hunting moose.

We set up camp along the banks of an off-shoot of the Snake river. You can see in one of the pics how it had been cut out over the centuries. We had to repel down and climb the rope back up to get to the river. Hiked about a mile up river through ground that I assume not many others had ever traversed. Pretty great trip.

Yellowstone was fun, but very structured and family oriented. Not really what we were looking for. Grand Teton was more wide open. They had 1 4wd road that paralleled the Snake, but it was essentially a dirt road. They had good hiking trails though, but nothing primitive. Last night of the trip we ate in Jackson Hole and spend probably $100 a piece gorging ourselves at some overpriced steakhouse on buffalo steak. Long ass drive home, but well worth it.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

The buffalo and elk up there is fantastic. Looks like a seriously bad ass trip!

That looks like a sweet trip! Reminds me of Eric's B-party. We need another guys trip like that.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'