Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dodge build-up

The Dodge build-up

I found a good deal on some parts so this build will be starting some-what prematurely.

Goal: To keep the dodge reliable and increase ride quality on and off-road performance... Not a trail-rig beater. 3 inch lift and 35-37 inch tires

Parts that will hopefully be in Monday:
    Carli control arms
    Thuren 3 inch front coils
    Carli high mount steering stabilizer
    Carli front dif gaurd
    2010 Mopar t-type steering upgrade

Parts I'm looking for (please let me know of any deals you might come across):
    -Adjustable trac bar
    -Sway bar or sway bar end links (a quick-disconnect sway bar would be ideal)
    -Shocks - leaning towards Fox 2.0 reservoir or something else rebuild-able and revalve-able but really need to find a deal here
    -Rear leafs or maybe a mini-pack
    -bump stops
    -limiting straps
    -Plate steel for shock towers
    -lockers (last step)
    -37inch tires and wheels
    -Front and rear bumpers

First order of business is to fab up some new shock towers something like this:

Also does anybody in town have a bender? I would really like to try and make a tube front bumper
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quincy does has a tube bender
    Last edited by TdmayfieldIV; 03-24-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Inspiration...
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Inspiration...
    I can't figure out if I like it or hate it. Must think on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07 View Post
    I can't figure out if I like it or hate it. Must think on it.
    I'd like to have a race truck but that's not the direction I'm going, or can afford, however I do think I'll build a bumper similar to that design.
    Born to Kill

KORE's idea of a bumper

Born to Kill

I like that bumper. A little paint and it would be pretty slick

Edit: i mean the second one
    Last edited by sam_hodnett; 03-24-2011 at 05:07 PM.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

True Hollywood Stry
    The second one looks loads better in my opinion.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

The one from core looks a lot easier to bend, but I do like how the first one matches the body lines.
    Born to Kill

I think I have a line on some Fox 2.0 reservoirs for $300, does anybody have any experience with re-building and or re-valving?

or should I hold out for some for some 2.5's? I'm thinking 2.0's should be plenty but they seem to be on the bottom end for the desert guys
    Born to Kill

I think 2.0 shocks are way small for your full-size and a diesel
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    I think 2.0 shocks are way small for your full-size and a diesel
    Really? Wouldn't they be better than bilstein 5100's which would be better than the stocker. It's not like I would be jumping... much. I think where the 2.0 fail is with heat dispersion and being in Texas I doubt I will have much any extended periods of abuse.
    Born to Kill

Well for that price you could try them out and sell them if they aren't enough
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

When I was going through the broncospeed phase in high-school, the broncospeeders recommended 2.5's for my truck. So at least 2.5's unless you want to do 4 in the front. Most people say that for the front (coil sprung) remote reservoirs are perfect and external bypass for the rear. Something to do with spring rates and some fancy physics-type math/magic.

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    When I was going through the broncospeed phase in high-school, the broncospeeders recommended 2.5's for my truck. So at least 2.5's unless you want to do 4 in the front. Most people say that for the front (coil sprung) remote reservoirs are perfect and external bypass for the rear. Something to do with spring rates and some fancy physics-type math/magic.
    If that's what full size recommends I should probably do the opposite...

I don't have $1000 per shock budget so bypasses are out of the question. Once again I'm not racing or jumping so I'm really on the fence about which shock to go. When you get into needing 2.5's it looks like axle trusses are highly recommended and I'm not ready for that stage yet .

Basically where I'd like to see my truck at and this is with Fox 2.0's and a quick disconnect sway bar (kinda boring):

Jump with 2.5 Kings:
    Born to Kill