Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dodge build-up

It wasn't a little water, Travis got his truck drunk on creek water. I think the motor is fine, it's just that the S&B intake has the cold air tube that sticks too far down.

Electric fans will probably work, they'll just be a pain. If possible, I would see if any oem parts can be made to work, that way if you're going to king of the trimmers with your new club cadet rig and your fan craps out on you, then you can go to the next parts store and get a new fan instead of trying to deal with summit and getting your truck home because you can't tow that much with no fan.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

It just sputtered a bit. Do you think flex-a-lite will have longevity issues? That's why I was thinking dual electric fans instead of a big single, redundancy. I really don't mind going to electric fans to get away from the electric fan clutch....
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Just fix the stock stuff. It never turns out well when you start ****ing with the factory cooling system. Just zip tie the wires away from the fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    Just fix the stock stuff. It never turns out well when you start ****ing with the factory cooling system. Just zip tie the wires away from the fan.
    Wow, times are changing, Mayfield with the good advice for Travis....
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

oh ****. On second thought, cool it with liquid nitrogen....if you can't find that, just hire a mexican to stay under the hood and spray water on the radiator.
    F*ck off cj.

But race trucks have electric fans
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Race trucks also drive less than 5,000 miles a year.
    F*ck off cj.

So you are saying they are not reliable? I'm replacing broken ****...
    Born to Kill

quick internet research shows that stock fan pulls almost 25000 cfm at lock up. does your fan clutch ever lock? if so the electric fan will probably be insufficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

can you retro fit a thermal clutch?
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    quick internet research shows that stock fan pulls almost 25000 cfm at lock up. does your fan clutch ever lock? if so the electric fan will probably be insufficient.
    Really? Do you have any idea what a 25000 CFM fan would look like or how much air that is?

From what I've found is a stock fan moves about ~6000 CFM at full lock up and the efficiency is debatable. The flex-a-lite fans are rated up too 5,500 cfm.

Reason for going to electric fans:
    -Controllability, I'll be able to turn it off for water crossings or leave it on to aid in cool down.
    -Efficiency, electric fans are more efficient thus the reason they are on all the newer vehicles and I believe the flex-a-lite shroud will be an improvement over stock
    -Space, I can free up some under hood space.
    -Poor design running a guide rod for wires where there is so little clearance between the belt and fan.

My concerns:
    -Not moving enough air
    -Reliability
    Born to Kill

I agree it is alot but have you ever heard your fan at full lock up at 3000 rpm? I know a Duramax stock fan is alot more than 6000 CFM at full lockup at 3000 RPM.

Electric fans are used on modern vehicles because they improve AC performance at low speed.

Anyways try it and let us know how it works because I find threads on people asking and no real world experience.
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    I know a Duramax stock fan is alot more than 6000 CFM at full lockup at 3000
    I am pretty sure Isuzu figured out how to power the fans on the Duramax with some sort of jet engine! I have yet to be able to find it under the hood, but I have definitely heard it when its at full throttle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    can you retro fit a thermal clutch?
    http://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-2754...b-adapter.aspx
    BDR

That's pretty neat BDR

As far as relocating the batteries (to the tool box for now) would it be better to wire the batteries in parallel and run 2 stands of 2/0 cable (positive and negative) to their original spots under the hood or run 4 2/0 cables under the hood? Or is 4 strands of 2/0 cable even going to be enough?

eventually there will be a winch up front
    Born to Kill