Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dodge build-up

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03 View Post

Or take off the shop vac filter that probably isnt doing anything for performance or filtration and problem solved
    Oh ya, because going back to a factory filter that doesn't flow or filter as much and draws air from the same place is a good idea.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

it must be better, it says so on the box

If you had half a brain cell you could figure out which is better
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Actually after swimming the truck there was not a trace of mud/dirt past the filter, I'm impressed. The filter is trash now though.
    Born to Kill

Has anybody seen or have examples of decent homemade air box's? I have no idea what's the best way to pipe between the turbo and filter.
    Born to Kill

Exhaust tubing and a 6637 filter from napa work great on my truck. If you wanted to get fancy i guess you could fab a box with some thin aluminum and some pop rivets.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

But you're not making any bends with the exhaust tubing, correct? As for the box itself it will probably be some thin aluminum, but it's the turbo to filter routing I'm unsure of? If only the cummins had the battery and filter setup of the 7.3 it would truly be the perfect engine...
    Born to Kill

No bends but any exhaust shop should be able to make whatever bends you need. It's 4" tubing.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Or if you want to get extra fancy, figure out what you need and order mandrel bent stainless from summit.
    Last edited by Sparling; 05-31-2013 at 04:35 PM.

silicone tubing if you want to be extra fancy
    http://www.siliconeintakes.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    No bends but any exhaust shop should be able to make whatever bends you need. It's 4" tubing.
    No exhaust shop will be able to bend 4" tube and even if they could they'd dent the **** out of it.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

My truck has some really big 2" exhaust then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    No exhaust shop will be able to bend 4" tube and even if they could they'd dent the **** out of it.
    Why not? Almost every diesel runs 3.5" factory exhaust and a ton of people run 4 and 5 inch full exhausts. I know for a fact one of the shops in Paris does it all the time
    Last edited by sam_hodnett; 05-31-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    silicone tubing if you want to be extra fancy
    http://www.siliconeintakes.com/
    Any idea on quality and longevity? Something like this would be sweet
    Born to Kill

quality and longevity should be as good as any of the silicone pieces on your inter cooler piping. If you search around there are several different sites selling the silicone intake parts but since you are not planning on using them under any pressure you don't have to get anal about layers and all of that.
    Last edited by AggieTJ2007; 05-31-2013 at 09:58 PM.
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?