Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dodge build-up

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    Tommy, do you not have an electric fan on your bronco? You sound like JB arguing about diesels.
    Actually I did and they blew. I had a dual fan set up and they never kept it cool and they drew a ton of power.........Stock cooling set ups work. Especially for mostly stock trucks, like Travis'

1. If you need more cooling add a pusher to supplement your stock system. Or do some gears......maybe then you won't be working the engine so hard to tow. You have 37's and stock gears.
    2. All of the other expensive stuff you put on your truck made sense, and was proven
    3. It's a valid question, it's a dd. The amount of negative it will probably do on your daily driving plus the money you're gonna spend on it will not be offset by the 5 times you ever get in water that deep. We aren't talking about air filters, we're talking about the fan. For the record I think switching it with the battery is a solid idea.

Do whatever you want, it's your truck. Just don't throw your old parts away.

(you asked for opinions, it's a forum....that's my opinion)
    Last edited by TdmayfieldIV; 06-04-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

I guess you arent having much fun in Germany?
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    Actually I did and they blew. I had a dual fan set up and they never kept it cool and they drew a ton of power.........Stock cooling set ups work. Especially for mostly stock trucks, like Travis'

1. If you need more cooling add a pusher to supplement your stock system. Or do some gears......maybe then you won't be working the engine so hard to tow. You have 37's and stock gears.
    2. All of the other expensive stuff you put on your truck made sense, and was proven
    3. It's a valid question, it's a dd. The amount of negative it will probably do on your daily driving plus the money you're gonna spend on it will not be offset by the 5 times you ever get in water that deep. We aren't talking about air filters, we're talking about the fan. For the record I think switching it with the battery is a solid idea.

Do whatever you want, it's your truck. Just don't throw your old parts away.

(you asked for opinions, it's a forum....that's my opinion)
    Oh ya, because if you couldn't make efans work nobody can...
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Oh ya, because if you couldn't make efans work nobody can...
    Yeah my efans work great on my Jeep. So good actually that GM decided to put electric fans on newer GM vehicles from the factory.

Let us know how they work because like you probably found there are many people that talk about how they don't work but I haven't found many that have actually run them.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Will do, and it's not like I'm stuck with them if they don't work that well
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    Actually I did and they blew. I had a dual fan set up and they never kept it cool and they drew a ton of power.........Stock cooling set ups work. Especially for mostly stock trucks, like Travis's
    1. You have an e fan now
    2. You only had like 60 amps worth of alternator when you had the fans (that's like complaining that your brand new 42" tsl s and awesome beadlocks suck because you keep breaking Dana 30 axle shafts)
    3. Travis's truck isn't very stock and definitely isn't used like a stock truck. His stock fan was plastic and it broke when it hit the water.

I'm not necessarily agreeing with Travis's choice but when you break something do you not look for better options before just replacing it with more of the same part that broke?
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    The flex-a-fit dual fans work great now on the beast, just had to wire them up right and replace some wire that had been butt spliced way too many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Fans came in and I'm thinking they will work. I haven't tried to fit anything yet, and won't until next week, but I'm very impressed with the quality.

Few things I noticed:
    -Full aluminum shroud with a gasket seal
    -Multi-speed controller, so the fans hopefully wont be playing "catch-up" like Evan said.
    -very solid mounting hardware.

Also these do not come with the warning not to tow over 18,000 lbs like the first generation did. Also when going back an looking at the cheaper model, it lacks the multi-speed control, aluminum shroud, and is only rated for 3500 cfm. I'm figuring any negative you saw on the interwebs probably came from the other model.

Not sure what this is though...
    Born to Kill

So I went ahead and replaced my Q-Industries, portable, chinese, air compressor that I lost. Even though I like buying expensive ****, I still can't pull the trigger on a $400 + viair kit, so I present:

Power Spair by Slime

At a comparable price ($49.99) this thing blows () the other compressor out of the water!

Features Include:
    -24 oz slime
    -Same ****ty compressor, but with built in LED light!
    -Cigarette and alligator hook ups
    -Stickers
    -Tire gauge
    -How-To manual
    -Misc box-o-****
    -Plugs
    -Sturdy case with safety reflective triangle

Born to Kill

I need to get me one of them power spairs

Fan looks better than what I was thinking it would
    F*ck off cj.

I need to get me one of them power spairs

Fan looks better than what I was thinking it would
    F*ck off cj.

judging by the location those are most likely vents to let air out from inside the shroud when traveling at highway speeds if the fans are not running.
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"

Well the truck kept getting warm when city driving so I spent two days installing the fans at my parents house ( between missing parts and torrential rains). So far I'm happy, major disappointment was the kit missing then temp sensor but one is in the mail from flex-a-lite.

With out the temp sensor I wired two switches that will override the variable control module, one for off and one for on ( I was planning on doing this anyhow).

As far as the design and kit goes I am somewhat impressed, two major gripes are:
    1. The shroud leaves a little to be desired as far as coverage goes. The offset shape fits well at the bottom where there is tight clearance between the radiator and power steering box, however the top leaves a portion ( top corner) of the radiator uncovered for no reason that I can see.
    2. Missing the temp sensor, this is a pretty important part because the fans won't work as designed without.

As for performance and cooling I am impressed but have yet to put it through any serious test. So far I've driven though Houston traffic, open highway, extended idling and about a 10 mile beach drive. I'll use the 200 degree mark as a benchmark, previously the truck would run about 190-195 and reach 200 in slightly above normal conditions but would not stay there. Only steep hills towing or extended distances in deep sand does the temp gauge hang around 210. Only twice has the truck really got hot, once was dragging the krawltex buggy up a mountain ( switched to low range ) and once dragging a couple thousand pounds of fishing gear down PINS ( torque converter permanently locked, dash board looked like Christmas lights and just had to cross my fingers).

Houston traffic- this was a mix of freeways and suburbia and the truck never exceeded 200, ac worked great. Most of the time the truck was running slightly cooler maybe 185 and might have even been a tad more powerful because of this.

Idling - stayed cooler than normal and the ac has been working great, where previously it sucked.

Beach trip - the conditions down Matty were pretty ideal but I did make it a point to creep though all the deep stuff and never saw 200. Ac kicked ass the whole time.

In conclusion it's still to earl to tell but it's looking good for e-fans.

Disclaimer: the fans were wired 100% on or off, so no variable control. The wiring is unfinished because removing the batteries made me want to go ahead with the relocation.

Born to Kill

That was my first ipad post...
    Born to Kill

sounds good, I would recommend wiring the fan to the AC clutch if possible so that the fans run whenever the AC compressor kick on. That way you will continue to get kick ass AC all of the time.

Sounds promising. What was the outside temp? Did you notice a drop in voltage (dash gauge) with the fans on vs off?