Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dodge build-up

is it just a 1" lift?

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03 View Post
    is it just a 1" lift?
    The front springs are listed as 3 inch over stock with a factory bumper and the rear springs are listed as 1 inch over stock (no blocks).
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

The inner fender was kinda a hack job being that so much had to come off the bottom and I was running late for a ring dunk, but I plan on making a patch that covers the gap between the outer fender and cab.

I plan on running these HID bulbs in some Hella 500's in place of the factory fog lights but I have two questions. What is the dual in dual out harness ($12.50)? Also I'm thinking of using the error corrector, which is basically just a resistor to trick the computer into believing a regular 55 watt bulb is in place, but is it necessary if I use the 55 watt HIDs? I wouldn't think so but it seems a lot of people have problem running HIDs through he factory cpu.

Would it be possible to run 4 lights off the two factory fog lights? In example taking a power wire from the fog lights to turn a relay on and having the other 2 HIDs powered straight from the battery through the relay.

this is the kit:

edit: I'll be ordering the H3 bulbs

If Sam ever brings his JD2 bender down could 2 inch .175 wall tubing be bent using the manual pull arm? Or any Houstonians want to help me bend a couple pieces of tubing?
    Last edited by BroncoJo; 04-17-2011 at 05:38 PM.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

ill be your pickup man
    If you do not want to go through all that, I remember back in the day when I had the cheapo Hella 500s. I replaced the 55w bulb with a 100w bulb. Good differenece for cheap and no extra wiring.

Have you adjusted yoru headlights yet? Or are you that guy?

Looks good, I like the wheels.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    If you do not want to go through all that, I remember back in the day when I had the cheapo Hella 500s. I replaced the 55w bulb with a 100w bulb. Good differenece for cheap and no extra wiring.

Have you adjusted yoru headlights yet? Or are you that guy?

Looks good, I like the wheels.
    Head lights point to the ground nicely, I know that was tough for you to say but thanks
    Born to Kill

Also if anybody has any plate, 2 or 1.75 inch tubing, receiver hitch tube or weld on shackle mounts I would be interested in buying it.
    Born to Kill

Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    I plan on running these HID bulbs in some Hella 500's in place of the factory fog lights but I have two questions. What is the dual in dual out harness ($12.50)? Also I'm thinking of using the error corrector, which is basically just a resistor to trick the computer into believing a regular 55 watt bulb is in place, but is it necessary if I use the 55 watt HIDs? I wouldn't think so but it seems a lot of people have problem running HIDs through he factory cpu.
    You shouldn't need the error corrector. That's (usually) only for ****ty Japanese vehicles. Your truck should be plug and play. And it's not the wattage that messes with the CPU, it's the voltage.
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
    You shouldn't need the error corrector. That's (usually) only for ****ty Japanese vehicles. Your truck should be plug and play. And it's not the wattage that messes with the CPU, it's the voltage.
    From what I've been reading dodges are not plug and play, most seem to get around the issue by adding a resistor (I think 50 ohm) in addition to the supplied ballast, I just figured that is what the error corrector was. I know V=IR, but why is there a voltage issue? What volts do HID run on and how do people over come the issue?
    Born to Kill

Chief
    HID bulbs require roughly 20k volts; Yes, 20,000 volts, to ignite. The sudden spike in voltage would literally fry your electrical system, so they introduce the ballast to ignite the bulb and help regulate the voltage.

When I had put HID bulbs on the H3, it was a pretty easy plug and play job. I put the same kit on my 08 Dodge 1500 (they're both 9008/H13 bulb size) and there were no sensors thrown. From what I've heard through other people running them, the only cars that had problems running without the "check error fix" were Suzuki, Nissan, etc.
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

HID bulbs require roughly 20k volts; Yes, 20,000 volts, to ignite. The sudden spike in voltage would literally fry your electrical system, so they introduce the ballast to ignite the bulb and help regulate the voltage.

When I had put HID bulbs on the H3, it was a pretty easy plug and play job. I put the same kit on my 08 Dodge 1500 (they're both 9008/H13 bulb size) and there were no sensors thrown. From what I've heard through other people running them, the only cars that had problems running without the "check error fix" were Suzuki, Nissan, etc.
    Question was why is there a voltage issue if the supplied ballast is used? I realize that cummins owner might not be the smartest people but a quick search on CF will reveal hundreds of "why don't my HIDs work" threads. Either way I'll be ordering the kit this week
    Born to Kill

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar

So how many volts does a microwave take?
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

I went ahead an ordered the HID kit for the hella's, but now have a fear of my truck exploding... Check out the waring

Diesel Rice
    Born to Kill

Also went to Chops for the aliment, all went smoothly took about an hour and seems to be a decent shop.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    You and Evan should get a poser shot together. It would be soooo cute!

Last edited by BroncoJo; 04-18-2011 at 05:20 PM.
    Born to Kill

ill be your pickup man
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4