Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dodge build-up

Quote Originally Posted by eight View Post
    Don't do air bags. Makes for a really ****ty ride if you're using them for lift.
    They would only be used for towing if I did them, I have a set of deavers on right now
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Why? There is plenty of power for 37's
    Then why you need to regear?

Then why you need to regear?
    To make it easier on the motor and trans
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Single wheels can't really hold enough to need bags. Just load the trailer right. Never supposed to run bags empty, so they still make a stiff 3/4 ton suspension stiffer.

Going from 35's to 37's seems to have a lot bigger effect than 33's to 35's. I guess a set of gauges is in order but with the rpm's lower from the 37s I can only imagine a lot hotter egt's and trans temp. All this is kind of speculative now though and honestly the 35's I have are just a lot street tire.

Carli makes a pretty nice air-bag setup for the long travel trucks, and my plan was to try to duplicate that, but it is not a priority.
    Last edited by BroncoJo; 04-19-2011 at 11:58 PM.
    Born to Kill

Remember your motor and trans are the same as what the hot shots use to tow heavy everyday, it'll still just be idling along in your truck. Thing that will kill your motor is when an injector goes bad. Any hint of it not idling perfect take it straight to a shop.

Remember your motor and trans are the same as what the hot shots use to tow heavy everyday, it'll still just be idling along in your truck. Thing that will kill your motor is when an injector goes bad. Any hint of it not idling perfect take it straight to a shop.
    I know and I might be making a bigger deal about the 37's than necessary, I was just really surprised with the ride difference.
    Born to Kill

I had 35" and then 37" DC FCII's on my F250. Rode very well with either. Would look into those in 37s. They actually clean out well in mud though they do not look it, and grip a wet road like a stock tire, and last long. My 35s made it over 50K miles. Bad news is about $400 each new for 37s.

I'll be ordering some fuel and oil filters next week if your interested in getting some let me know.

Baldwin PF7977 fuel filter $12-13

FLEETGUARD LF16035 - STRATAPORE OIL FILTER $13-14
    Born to Kill

No, still got a few in stock. Bought a bunch of wix on sale a few years back.

More bumper pictures
    From DM

Last edited by BroncoJo; 04-23-2011 at 11:04 AM.
    Born to Kill

More ideas

Credit to Baja Mike

Born to Kill

Born to Kill

Update

I put about 900 miles on my truck this weekend with the 37's

Two hand calculated mileage reports of 16.5 and 16.1, looks like about 18-ish on flat highway and about 10 in the cities. This was with the smarty jr on the 3rd power level (~100hp).

The heim on the KORE track bar started making some noise so it needs to be replaced. I am not impressed with this track bar at all as it seems to be flexing with the 37s so I have 3 options:
    -replace hieim joint
    -bend a new one out of heavier tube
    -buy a new one from thuren

* I noticed the flexing when it was parked and someone else was turning the wheel

Overall i am very happy with the lift and ride, I'll be swapping the 35's onto the new wheels until the next stage in the build is complete.

Next steps:
    -Gauges (going on soon)
    -bumpers
    -brake upgrade (probably just EBC pads, factory stuff is getting old anyway)
    -track bar gets fixed
    -rear gets bumps and straps
    Born to Kill

I'm going to go with a Carli track bar from http://www.rockandrolloffroad.com/. Seems like a pretty decent shop, absolutely great service and the dude I was talking to had actually been wheeling with the original TAMOR group 10+ years ago. He seemed really interested in helping us out with future events and maybe setting up a TAMOR account or some group buys.

Any of the Dallas people that can should stop by and put in a good word for the club.

They are located at:
    6920 N. E. Loop 820
    North Richland Hills, TX 76180
    Phone: 877.765.8774
    Born to Kill