Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Clayton - Memorial Day weekend 2011

I'm 40 miles away... Is everyone there?
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

I've never had fully working trailer lights for Clayton.

Hi from Cabo bitches. This place is good times!
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

ill be your pickup man
    Everyone ok? Heard on POR that someone got hurt on Redneck Millionaire.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

I saw reference to a "Bill". Hopefully no one in our group. Should highlight the importance of safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

Yeah we are all ok, there was a guy on Redneck millionaire that thought he put his jeep in park, when he got out of it it ran over him. he was choppered out. that is all that we heard
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Wow, that sucks

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    Yeah we are all ok, there was a guy on Redneck millionaire that thought he put his jeep in park, when he got out of it it ran over him. he was choppered out. that is all that we heard
    This is all that pirate4x4 says as well. Glad it wasn't a tamorite.
    i dont speak australian.

Cross posted from pirate. . .

"The guy who was hurt is someone who wheels with larry jordans group. What I was told [third hand info] was the guy was standing in front of his rig with his back toward the rig in front of him and the hydralic parking brake blead off and rolled back and pinned the guy between the two jeeps. I know the guy was air-vaced to tulsa. I got a call from larry right after it happened and he was heading down to clayton to pick up the guys rig and trailer to take back to okc. I have not talked to him since the accident to find out what really happened and how the guy is doing. If someone else has not posted how the guy is and what really happened I will after I talk to larry. Lets all hope the guy was not hurt bad and makes a full recovery. "
    i dont speak australian.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Busa and I talked to the guy who was there, second hand. He was the one who called 911 and with the first person to help when he saw his daughter runnning up the hill and screaming for help. The guy was stitting on his buddys front tire - that was parked on the entrance slope to redneck millionare. The standard tranny popped out of gear, he fell face first first into the path of the rig. The rig rolled over him long ways with both tires. He was speaking but they were having a hard time keeping his eyes open and talking. The guy I talked to sent his buddy to meet the EMT's at the airstrip and brought them to the guy. They put him on the backboard and carried him up to the top of the hill (clearing for chopper) taking shifts (four people at a time). He was flown to Tulsa, he could not feel nor move his legs. I've left out other details. Bad deal, it was a very sad story listening to him tell it.

We should take the as a lesson and always remind people to stay "out of the line of fire" as they say at my work. If you see someone on the downhill side of a rig, make them move - just not worth the risk.
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

in other news,
    Busa broke a Warn premium yesterday on Green Mamba extension. He broke his front driveshaft weld on Saturday at Jimbro's trail - that was the extent of our rigs carnage. We both took it easy though as our families were with us.

Good times as always.

We also spoke quite a bit with Greg (I think that was his name) - the AA hotel owner guy. We have alot more insight on the cops pulling people over, setting roadblocks (as they did saturday night) etc...
    Scott, FTAC '99

For anyone that is interested:

Posted on pirate4x4. . .

"Ok,just got off the phone with larry and the guys name is Bill Santos from shawnee and he did have the red jeep. He is in bad shape. Larry said he has multiple ribs broke,it tore his aorta and the doc said if it had been just millimeters more he would have died in less than 3 minutes and he has no feeling or movement from his belly button down. Larry said bill is swollen and beat up real bad and they are waiting for that to lessen and they are going to do a mri.I ask him how it happened and he said the guys jeep in front of him came out of park and started backwards and the rear tire struck him and rolled him under the jeep and bill was trying his best to get away from the jeep but didnt. Please keep him in your prayers and lets all hope he has a full recovery. "

"Please keep us posted. We had just started up red neck millionaire hwy, when we heard someone yelling for help - call for a parametic. We stayed with him and his sons and helped carry him up the hill to where a claring was made for the chopper to land. It was our understanding that he was in front of a rig that popped out of gear and both front and rear (left side) tires ran over him and struck another Jeep that was just starting up the trail causing an electrical fire. Big thanks to all the wheelers that showed the courage to step up and assist in his time of emergency. Bent knee message was send from our group and were are still concerned and keep him and his family in our prayers. Let us know if we can be of any help.... "
    i dont speak australian.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redcagepatrol View Post
    We also spoke quite a bit with Greg (I think that was his name) - the AA hotel owner guy. We have alot more insight on the cops pulling people over, setting roadblocks (as they did saturday night) etc...
    Care to share this insight?
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

it's just that the Clayton police department is now being run by the state highway patrol. He is on the city board of directors and has been trying to convince them that the police action is driving money (from wheelers) out of the city. He can't tell them not to pull them over, because thats their job.

He doesn't see it changing anytime soon - so if you don't have plates on your rig, plan on gettign pulled over. The cops are being fairly leanient when they pull people over and give them tickets though. They are not giving them a hard time about open containers (which is HUGE) but they are giving tickets for stuff like no insurance (a $221 ticket as the guy who got one Saturday night told me).

If you have plates and insurance and drive like an idiot, you won't get pulled over. No plates, pretty risky; plates, uncovered fenders, and driving stupid - pretty risky.

he is pretty upset about them setting up the trap right in front of the hotel - especially after the police department claims that it's not the wheelers they were trying to stop.

Business is down, Clayton was dead this weekend - suprisingly dead.

In other news, the AA is building a BBQ take out joint in their parking lot (where the boat shed was). They built a new shed in the corner next to the storage building.
    Scott, FTAC '99

It was dead for memorial day weekend I agree. And the Inn/A&A lost money form me this weekend. Our rigs don't have plates, inspection and the like so we weren't going to drive them into town. Because of that I wasn't going to leave them parked out at the trails due to a couple of the "characters" that were out there having a good ole time Saturday night. Thus we slept in the trailer out at the airstrip, and it was perfect. Don't think I will ever get a motel room again in Clayton, and had I packed better I would have been cooking my own breakfast and lunch rather then going to the Bulldog/K-Country II to eat.

I still would have gone to the Clayton Country Inn, I just really like that Chicken Fried Chicken. Pictars coming.

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07 View Post
    Don't think I will ever get a motel room again in Clayton, .
    Might be a little different if you had the wife and kiddo with you. I agree - for a guy trip in fairly cool weather, camping on the airstrip is the thing to do.
    Scott, FTAC '99