Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Creekside Edge Off Road Park - North Houston

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar

Creekside Edge Off Road Park - North Houston

I could not make TCC this weekend, so I decided I would go check out Creekside Edge, this is a fairly new park in Splendora (North Houston). It is probably 30 minutes from downtown Houston and 1.5 Hours from College Station. I am going to post some pictures up, but in case any of you do not want to read the entire write up, here is my executive summary:

-----CREEKSIDE EDGE-----
    VEHICLES ALLOWED: Whatever you want, I think you could bring a tank in, they would not care (4 wheelers, dirt bikes, trucks, jeeps, etc...)
    PRICE: $10 per vehicle, $5 per person (so with my 4 wheeler it was $15)
    FACILITIES: Running water, flush toilets, showers, RV hook ups (power and water, no sewer)
    WHEELING: Lots of sand, creeks, and mud. Some elevation changes around the creek. There is no "hard" or "rock" like surfaces. There are a few places with the potential to roll if you are not paying attention. I went when it was very dry, If there was a little more water it would have been more fun. If there was too much water, it would be a mud bath.
    WOULD I GO AGAIN: Hell yes, for the price and location it is good, it is like Spring Creek without the comp course, but more land. It is a great place to test out your vehicle or drink a 12 pack. Plus unlike Alto, the sandy mud washes off, It is cheaper than General Sam's. I think it has a lot of potential, it is never going to compare to Clayton, Katemcy, or Gilmer, but for cheap and close, I like it
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

So I took my 4 wheeler, my buddy Jason took his Jeep Commander, He has 32" tires on it. We did not get stuck, but it was very dry. If it rained a lot, I am sure any size tire would have trouble. Anywho, down by the creek there were lots of wash outs, etc... where we showed how easily you can get a stock vehicle on 3 wheels.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    -Karl
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

There was also some "muddy" trails, surprisingly the bottom was pretty damn solid. In addition they have laid out some odd crap to climb over, it does not present much of a challenge, but I'm sure if you drank enough you could make this interesting.
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

The property is 350 acres (half the size of Alto, much larger than Spring Creek). There is a main road that runs the entire length of the property. A creek divides the property in half. At the creek/main road intersection there is a bridge. I am guessing it used to be a railroad or something??? My buddy with the jeep was hesitant to drive across the bridge (as I would be too, if I was in my daily driver), so we did not wheel the back half of the property. He was also a bit skiddish to play in the creek. For the most part the creek had pretty steep sides, like a 2' drop that would make crossing it a little difficult for rig with 32" tires. I did see some other jeeps with what looked to be 35" tires and they were able to cross it. I played in it with my 4 wheeler.
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

As I mentioned, the entire property has one main road running down the center of it, The property is long and kind of narrow. Off of the amin road there are side trails, they all loop back into the main road (kind of like Spring Creek , but bigger). While we did not have to use this feature, this is a good thing, should you bring a rig there and get stuck, or it brakes, you are never too far off of the main road where trailer or some other vehicle can come to your rescue.

All in all, I had read a lot of bad reviews on the place, and I was pleasantly surprised. I had heard it was small, it probably took us 3 hours to cover the side we were on, not counting the half past the creek we did not go to. Don't bring your serious off road rock crawler/buggy and expect to have a technical challenge, but do bring a case of beer, a good attitude, and something with tires, you'll have a good time.
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Looks like fun. I'm guessing no camping? So that means we'll all be crashing at your place when we go?
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

They allow camping, have toilets, have showers, and have RV hook ups (electric & water), but it is so close to me, I would just go home.
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Registered
    Im in, lets go....

Cool write-up Karl! is that the place with the motor-cross track?
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Cool write-up Karl! is that the place with the motor-cross track?
    Yup, it has a moto-cross park out front. I think it started as just a moto-cross place. Most of the older reviews (2+ years) are pretty negative when they had just the 2 wheel track. Now they have a pretty fair amount of trails.
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by cj nut View Post
    Im in, lets go....
    Bring it, seriously I went to Spring Creek like 6 times one summer, this is the equivalent (Cory, that means it is the same )
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Registered
    If the klogger still had a TTB I'd say lets go..... but now its just some other ride with a 60......boring.......

I'm down for a run to this place. My jeep is sitting in New Caney so this place is only like 15 minutes away. It will be perfect for a shake down run.

Registered
    will it be ready by next weekend?

Not likely. I have a lot of little things left to get it going. I'll probably be ready for a test run in two or three weeks.