Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Regeaing a dana 35

Quote Originally Posted by crdub09 View Post
    Cool story bro. See I'm doing something about the problem instead of just taking it like a punk
    I sold it and bought something with a V8.

And then sold that and bought something with another V8.

And then sold that and got a Duramax.
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

Quote Originally Posted by bcolman View Post
    bracketry should not be a problem with this club, just see if you can do it over a weekend at the dowling garage, i am sure for some beer it can be done, and exact is relative since almost everything has some adjustments built in
    Yea, that'd be awesome if I could get some help with it. Can I just use the bracketry off of my dana 35 or do I have to spend the coin on new brackets?

Just get a swap kit through one of the many vendors. It will be far easier and much less hassle. Plus you know they are perfect.
    http://www.mountainoffroad.com/_e/de...nstall_Kit.htm
    http://www.atozfabrication.com/store...acket-Kit.html
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

lowballing someone
    the d35 is a c clip turd. if your worried about bracketry look for a bolt in d44 rear. there around. they came in the jeeps with the towing package.
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Used gears: $22

Make sure you check the ratio
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Is that bracket kit really worth $350?

From car-part.com, not sure if it is the whole axle or what kind of locker but it's in Austin.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

You need 4.88s.

I'm putting 4.88s in my Jeep and its a 3 speed non-over-drive.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

I just bought a brand new rear Rubicon Dana 44 housing and diff cover, master install and overhaul kit, used open carrier, 5.13 R&P, and a SA&G Evolution axle shaft kit.

I'm trying to think of every other part that I need to put this axle together but I can?t find a part explosion or list anywhere for what parts are in a complete assembly. Does anyone have a service manual diagram or know of a link to something that might be helpful without paying?

Also, before I paint and install this bad boy, I want to rotate the spring perches about 15 degrees or so, so that my rear coils are flush on the top and bottom instead of bending over like they have been, with my CV-DS adjusted pinion angle.

I'm in the process of finding weld on coil perches but I'll need someone who is really good and precise with welding and obviously has a welder, to weld them up for me (preferably in college station). Compensation for said service will be great!

You didn't mention anything about brakes or drive-shaft yoke/drive-shaft fitment concerns.
    http://www.quadratec.com/jeep-replac...na-44-rear.php
    If your just looking for buckets then here they are. . . http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/.../COIL_CEN.html
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    You didn't mention anything about brakes or drive-shaft yoke/drive-shaft fitment concerns.
    http://www.quadratec.com/jeep-replac...na-44-rear.php
    If your just looking for buckets then here they are. . . http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/.../COIL_CEN.html
    I'm not sure what I'm doing with brakes as of now. Ive been reading into how to mount my old d35 drums so unless I can scrap together some cash for disc brakes, Ill just do that for now.

I forgot to mention that I bought a u-bolt locking pinion yoke which fits my ujoint size in my cv.

I actually used that quadratec part explosion as a basis for finding all of the parts that I have now, but I wasnt sure if they are leaving anything out.

Thanks for that link to those coil perches! I should grab some of those retainers on the site as well too.

Dowling can get the perches welded, who's doing the gears?
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Dowling can get the perches welded, who's doing the gears?
    Dowling? I was going to set the gears myself. I figure while I wait for the backordered shafts to come in, I can learn how to do it.

Dowling Fab, the same place that put in your Aussie
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the D44 is about an inch longer and has a different yoke. You'll need a sye, drive shaft, and adjustable control arms.

There are a couple decent write ups on Jeep Forums for the spring bucket relocation.
    http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ou...cation-929056/
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
    I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the D44 is about an inch longer and has a different yoke. You'll need a sye, drive shaft, and adjustable control arms.

There are a couple decent write ups on Jeep Forums for the spring bucket relocation.
    http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ou...cation-929056/
    Ive already got an sye with a woody shaft, plus adjustable control arms and a new yoke, so that wont be a problem. I'm currently wrestling with making a dana 44 carrier fit into a rubicon d44 differential.

As for the spring buckets, I grinded off the stock buckets last night and am looking for perferably bolt on solutions for new coil buckets but I'm not getting any luck with a TJ coil setup.

Btw-- did you get my message about selling me the left knuckle on your old dana 30?
    Last edited by crdub09; 06-22-2011 at 01:35 PM.