Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Regeaing a dana 35

Bolt on coil buckets sound gayer than Hot Pocket
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Them is fightin words...

I had planned on messing around with different angles for awhile then tack welding them in place, buuuut.. I can't find any for a TJ so looks like I'm going the tab weld way

Quote Originally Posted by crdub09 View Post
    Them is fightin words...

I had planned on messing around with different angles for awhile then tack welding them in place, buuuut.. I can't find any for a TJ so looks like I'm going the tab weld way

Not so fast. . .
    I send you a solution from the land down under. . . http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/showth...ll=1#post22729
    Not sure if you can still get them or not but it is worth a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    seacrest, you are my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by crdub09 View Post
    Ive already got an sye with a woody shaft, plus adjustable control arms and a new yoke, so that wont be a problem. I'm currently wrestling with making a dana 44 carrier fit into a rubicon d44 differential.

As for the spring buckets, I grinded off the stock buckets last night and am looking for perferably bolt on solutions for new coil buckets but I'm not getting any luck with a TJ coil setup.

Btw-- did you get my message about selling me the left knuckle on your old dana 30?
    Yeah, I messaged you back.

Bolt on spring perches:
    https://secure.aev-conversions.com/s...ode=NTH23030AA

You should really use weld on buckets IMO.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    Not so fast. . .
    I send you a solution from the land down under. . . http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/showth...ll=1#post22729
    Yea those were what I was hoping to buy until I foun out they are only made for JKs... Thing that's holding me back from ordering them is that the JK bracketry is quite different than a TJ and I'm not sure how the u bolts will fit around the control arm mounts n such and they cost $160... But I think that's where I'm headed.

where do you live? surely you can find someone somewhere close that could weld on the buckets for you...
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    where do you live? surely you can find someone somewhere close that could weld on the buckets for you...
    Haha well I'm in college station but that's not really it, it's more that I don't know the exact angle it needs to be and won't until it's under the jeep. Plus I don't really know anyone that I know for sure can weld perfectly and I wouldn't want to put them in that position if the messed up somehow.

I'll probably be buying a nice welder in the next year and learn how to use it the best I can but that's a ways away ***.

So I've been looking into the differences between JK springs and TJ springs and it looks like with a little fab work I'll be able to make those JK bolt-ons work.

Also, does anyone have any Dana 44 carrier shims?

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    I've already offered once
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    Not so fast. . .
    Kiester them for him.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    I've already offered once
    Yea I know, I appreciate it! I was planning on bringing my rear bumper over sometime when school calms down so that we can fix the brackets. And whenever I get the tire carrier parts from Tate..

But with the axle, I've put a lot of money and effort into it and I don't want someone else liable for any problems I might have with it, plus I want to learn how to do everything myself, ya know?

Here, take it over to travis's house, and tack the buckets in place where you want them, then load the axle up in a truck and bring it to paris, My dad owns a welding shop and i have worked there since I was 15. You can trust my welds and I will even teach you how to weld while you are here.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    This. I don't know HP but you get the point.

Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy53002 View Post
    This. I don't know HP but you get the point.
    Sharpe's girlfriend

My girlfriend

Yeah I could see how you'd think I'm the gay one.
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
    My girlfriend

Yeah I could see how you'd think I'm the gay one.
    So is she full post op? Or does she just put on make up and roll and tuck up the little guy?
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    So is she full post op? Or does she just put on make up and roll and tuck up the little guy?
    Sounds like you're speakin from experience there Karl
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!