Alright, the trans in the blue bronco is having some issues.

So I haven't been driving the bronco much lately just because I have been to busy, but about a month ago I jumped in to go to Galveston and the trans wouldn't go into third. Since then I have messed with some with not much success. I think Otis very odd that it essentially crapped out from sitting. There was really no sign of it having problems last summer when I was driving it alot.

What it's doing sometimes I can get it to go into third by manually shifting it from 1/2 then 2/drive(3). While running the rpms up in 1/2 before I shift. If I do it just cruising it won't go into third.

The shift from 1st to 2nd feels a little soft as well when you put the trans in drive and take off. After running it for prolly 15 minutes or so trying to figure it out the trans smells a little hot,but it is not puking fluid or anything.

Additionally, when I have finally gotten it I'm to third and i romp on it it attempts to drop down into second for passing, but does not always do this as it is supposed to do.

Things I have checked:
Fluid level
Smelled the fluid it doesn't smell burnt
Made sure it wasn't in 4x4

The only thing I need to check is any piece of rubber hose that might be for the trans vacuum.

Any thoughts from you all before I start pulling the trans? I could drop the pan and look for shavings, but I'm not that excited about doing that when it seems that the trans is already toast.